Contributor
imagineyes

Free app fridays-office pro 7

It looks as if BandN is starting a free app fridays. In apps and store it says free app fridays and the first app is officesuite pro 7.  This is a 15 dollar app, so maybe some new strategies are starting to roll out.  Just thought I would let the board know.

Wordsmith
PlanetGreen
0 Kudos

Re: Free app fridays-office pro 7

imagineyes wrote:

It looks as if BandN is starting a free app fridays. In apps and store it says free app fridays and the first app is officesuite pro 7.  This is a 15 dollar app, so maybe some new strategies are starting to roll out.  Just thought I would let the board know.

Great thanks for the heads up ! Where did you see this? (in apps?)

It's a small world afterall except when your far away.
Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele
0 Kudos

I just checked my HD and HD+ and I don't see it for free it still says 14.99

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Contributor
imagineyes
0 Kudos

I saw it last night on the apps shop page. It was number 3 in the scroll  window,  but its not there now. It did read free apps friday and office pro 7. We'll have  to see tomorrow...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this IMagine Eyes.

For those on Color and Tablet, we have 10+ free Nook Apps including some Live Wallpaper Apps and a Personality Test App - 5ivedom

Free Apps for Color and Tablet include

Space Wallpapers

Discover Yourself Personality Tests

The Ad Slogans Quiz

The Emergency App

Nature Wallpapers

Apps Buddy (Apps Search)

Books Buddy (Free Books updates)

For those on HD and HD+ - Just a few but they are interesting ones.

The Emergency App

Discover Yourself Personality Tests

Apps Buddy

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

They haven't said anything at the store level about this, not that that's an indication either way really. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,887
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MG: check Inside.

Yes, BN is now offering a Free Fridays App deal in addition to the book.

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up FT, I'll text my ASM about it.  She's one of the few that make the store run.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Imagineyes, I think what happened is that they ran it on Wed by mistake. It's probably meant to start this Friday.

It's certainly an interesting idea.

FlyingTostr - thanks for the confirmation.

GDJ
Inspired Contributor
GDJ
0 Kudos

Re: Free app fridays-officesuite pro 7

Here is the link. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/officesuite-professional-7-mobisystems/1114768241?ean=2940043856395

It says free, but when I click the "download now" I get a message that I will be charged 14.99 plus applicable taxes.  So I didn't complete checkout.  This is on my PC, so maybe I need to use the NOOK Shop on my NC? 

I don't have wi-fi at home so I buy apps and books from my PC and just sync them to the NC when I am out and about, we'll see tomorrow.

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

We may need to wait for the blog post with the free friday book later today to see the price change on the app.
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

GDJ, I just followed your link and was able to download the app for free. I have an NC. What device do you have? Maybe it's not available for other Nooks. Or they just activated the free offer.

If it is truly free and available for the HD+, I just may go get myself one. I was ready to get one around Xmas until someone posted that QuickOffice Pro, which I have for my NC, was not available for the HD+, and I didn't feel like paying $15 for an equivalent app (Officesuite pro 7) that would work on th HD+. So I'd be interested if hearing from an HD+ owner if this free app offer works for them.

gabourele
0 Kudos

It's free now I was just able to download it to both of my devices right from the device itself.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

It's free! I just downloaded it!
Inspired Contributor
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

They need a better check system for version upgrades.

I'd paid for v6.5 in December. Attempt to download the free v7.0 just gave "you already own this item". Archive (cloud) and redownload just restored v6.5, check for updates gave "up to date".

To get v7.0 I had to do the drastic act of Deleting the application, the using the Free App link in the shop.

Baron Wulfraed
junonia-shell
0 Kudos

Has anyone actually got version 7.0.11 to work on their Nook? I'm asking because I just downloaded it and the app version I got is 6.5.10? I have Office Pro 7 on my android tablet and it doesn't look at all like this.

GDJ
Inspired Contributor
GDJ
0 Kudos

This morning I rechecked, it showed the charges as "free" during checkout.  It's now waiting for me in my Nook Library. 

Inspired Contributor
NightfallJC
0 Kudos

I downloaded what said it was 7 and it was 6.5 as well. The icon on my nook hd says OfficeSuite Professional 7 but when I open it and go to about it says 6.5 there.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I get V 6.5.1010. On the About Page.

This is pretty cool, I have to say. Would never have expected a $15 App to be the first app in the Free Friday Apps program.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40

Hi All,

We apologize for the confusion and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Version 7 will be made available next week and you can upgrade to the new version at no charge.

Later next week please choose "check for updates" from your NOOK app screen to get the update.

Hope this helps.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.