Reader
JeauxG
0 Kudos

Goto page in the library list

I currently have the original Nook and was thinking of upgrading to a nook Simple Touch.  I only have one issue with the original nook and it seems it continues on to the new one.  I have a lot of books in my library, and it takes up 21 pages to list them all.  To get to the end I have to keep paging forward until I finally reach the end.  I thought maybe the simple touch, with its touch screen would have a "goto page" option while in the library menu.  So if I know the book is towards the end of the list I can jump towards the end and not have to keep going page after page.  I was literally at the Barnes and Noble yesterday to get one, but wanted to try the interface more before I did, and realized it'd have the exact same problem.

Do the developers read these boards?  Does the Nook Simple Touch software get updated often?  I didn't see a suggestions board.

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Re: Goto page in the library list

If you know the title or author of the book you could use the search function ( magnifying glass in the top right corner).
Inspired Correspondent
spider731

While in the library if you long press the page forward or page back buttons on the side it will zip through the pages quickly.

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JeauxG wrote:

Do the developers read these boards?  Does the Nook Simple Touch software get updated often?  I didn't see a suggestions board.

No one knows whether or not the developers read the boards. (Or those who do know aren't saying.) The software does not get updated often. (Folks here have been imploring B&N since the NST came out for better shelving and dictionary functionality, for example.)

That said, I love my NST, and, judging by the posts here, most other owners love theirs too.

There used to a suggestion board and an issues reporting board here for each Nook device, but Alex (that's BN_AlexG, the forum administrator) removed access to them several weeks ago, saying that the developers would review them and that the boards would return soon in a different form. No word yet on how that's going.

ETA: See also Alex's recent answer about the return of the issues boards.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson