Frequent Contributor
BFH-CA
0 Kudos

Re: HD Shipping?

I'm not as patient or as forgiving as some of you here.  I ordered my HD+ on 9-29 and the expected ship date stayed firm as 11-1.  Yesterday morning I received an email saying my HD+ was ready to ship.  This morning I received TWO emails - both with the exact same time stamp - with the first one stating my ship date was pushed out to 11-8, and the second one stating shipment is delayed until 12-1.

What friggin' kind of inventory system is BN using that they can't accurately reconcile orders received to product on hand and/or future manufactured product in stock????  I'm really ticked off!

I'm in California, so seems likely the distribution center for me is somewhere near the West Coast.

I am sympathetic to the fallout and effects of Sandy, however, it would seem that BN is not managing these well at all and it's to the detriment of their customers, and completely inexcusable - in my view - to not tell us more accurately what is going on and in a more timely manner. 

A MONTH??  ANOTHER MONTH I'VE GOT TO WAIT???!!!  Really, really ticks me off.

I also ordered the 360 stand and received it last week.  Nifty design to change from portrait to landscape, but as a standard cover it was terrible.  Doesn't fold neatly back when using the device - folds very crooked and is bulky and unwieldy.  Took it back to local BN for refund.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was able to pick up an HD+ (16g) at our local store in NC last night, but they did not have any of the HD's. The nook expert said most of the HD's are shipping out of NJ. HD+'s are shipping out of a different warehouse.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I just cancelled my online order of 32 gig HD+. Picked up the 16gig at my local B&N. Did not want to wait another month!

I also cancelled my cover, and screen protector order.

Will pick up a cover locally tonight..
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

yes

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

We had three batches of orders. Two on launch day (not 100% sure but think so) and one later.

For the later one emails (separate ones) saying HD and HD+ are both delayed to November 12th. We are going to buy them from stores too.

Not sure how there can be stock in stores but someone who preordered weeks ago (and for those who had ordered on launch day) got delays.

Must be Hurricane Sandy related or a colossal messup by someone.

I just hope our other two orders arrive soon.

Frequent Contributor
Nookie61
0 Kudos

Email this morning said the HD I ordered a month ago might get to me by Dec 1 but order status online has now changed to expected ship date is Dec 1 which says to me it likely won't ship then either. I have cancelled the order for both the HD and cover.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

The stock in stores is supposed to be for the people who reserved them in the store. Official guidelines are that we aren't supposed to sell them to walk-ins until we've gone through the list of all the reservations.

In practice...

Contributor
raeni20
0 Kudos

What I don't get is why they're still showing an estimated ship date of Nov 8th on the website for both the HD and the HD+. Seems misleading.
Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

Flyingtoastr...

They had three that were not spoken for...  the rest were for pre-orders they received.

Maybe three people did not respond or changed their minds....

I did have a glitch cancelling my online order.   I received an email that said I could not cancel because it was in the shipping process.   I called CS and they told me they could not cancel because there was a glitch.   I protested that since the email I received stated I could cancel.  After going round and round they said they would manually cancel my order.

I guess If I comes in the mail anyway I can return it to my local B&N.......

Frequent Contributor
BFH-CA
0 Kudos

BFH-CA wrote:

I'm not as patient or as forgiving as some of you here.  I ordered my HD+ on 9-29 and the expected ship date stayed firm as 11-1.  Yesterday morning I received an email saying my HD+ was ready to ship.  This morning I received TWO emails - both with the exact same time stamp - with the first one stating my ship date was pushed out to 11-8, and the second one stating shipment is delayed until 12-1.

What friggin' kind of inventory system is BN using that they can't accurately reconcile orders received to product on hand and/or future manufactured product in stock????  I'm really ticked off!

I'm in California, so seems likely the distribution center for me is somewhere near the West Coast.

I am sympathetic to the fallout and effects of Sandy, however, it would seem that BN is not managing these well at all and it's to the detriment of their customers, and completely inexcusable - in my view - to not tell us more accurately what is going on and in a more timely manner. 

A MONTH??  ANOTHER MONTH I'VE GOT TO WAIT???!!!  Really, really ticks me off.

I also ordered the 360 stand and received it last week.  Nifty design to change from portrait to landscape, but as a standard cover it was terrible.  Doesn't fold neatly back when using the device - folds very crooked and is bulky and unwieldy.  Took it back to local BN for refund.

So I called Customer Service and ended up with a guy who didn't seem to comprehend spoken American English and was not capable of answering my questions.  After several attempts to be understood, the line went dead.   Hmmmm..

Called Customer Service again and insisted on speaking to a supervisor to complain about the first guy and try again to get answers.  Very friendly woman assured me she would connect me to a supervisor.  After more than 45 minutes on hold with no one answering I finally laid the phone down on my desk - still connected to the on-hold music - and left in my car to go my local BN store hoping they might have HD+ 32GB in stock that I could buy immediately.  Prepared myself to stand in a long line of other folks who'd also received 1 month shipping delay notices.

My local BN store had one in stock!!!  No line at all!!!  They were not aware at all of the delay notices we've all been receiving and were very surprised by my story.

I AM A VERY HAPPY CAMPER NOW!  The wonderful Nook Expert in the Glendora CA store - Clare - activated my new device without issue and synchronized everything for me.  Purchased two covers so I can try both and decide which one to keep.  Hooray hooray hooray!!

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Nook HD and HD+ shippping by early next week

December 1st email is a mistake. B&N just sent out an email saying all Nook HDs and HD+s will ship by early next week.

Dear NOOK Customer,

You may have received an email notification this morning stating that your NOOK® HD or NOOK® HD+ order had been delayed until December 1st. Please note that this email was sent in error due to technical issues resulting from Hurricane Sandy.

Be assured that the team at NOOK is working around the clock to get you your device. We are pleased to let you know that orders began shipping yesterday and we expect all orders to ship no later than early next week.

We look forward to you enjoying your new NOOK very soon!

Frequent Contributor
BFH-CA
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Incredible...

Just got another email from BN:

Dear NOOK Customer,

You may have received an email notification this morning stating that your
NOOK® HD or NOOK® HD+ order had been delayed until December 1st. Please note
that this email was sent in error due to technical issues resulting from
Hurricane Sandy.

Be assured that the team at NOOK is working around the clock to get you your
device. We are pleased to let you know that orders began shipping yesterday and
we expect all orders to ship no later than early next week.

This arrived nearly 12 hours after the notice saying my shipment was delayed.  TWELVE HOURS it takes them to recognize the error and send an email to explain! 

I love Barnes & Noble for books and nooks, but not at all for their customer service and notification practices.

Geesh...

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

heh...I got it too...what a roller coaster ride! I'm really glad to know I don't have to wait a month :smileyhappy:

Contributor
saeba79
0 Kudos

Well...that was a quick turnaround. I received an email yesterday at 5:37pm ET that my order had been delayed until 12/1, and now today at 4pm I'm notified that it shipped and that the shipping order was placed... yesterday at 10:18pm! So a very short delay for me ... I wish all the rest of you with delayed orders the same blessing :-)!
Frequent Contributor
Nookie61
0 Kudos

I cancelled my order this afternoon. Instead of an email confirming the cancellation I get an email saying that this morning's email was a mistake. Oddly enough my cancelled order is still showing up on my order status page as not yet shipped and with a Dec 1 ship date. At this point I don't know if I still have an order or when it would show up if I did. I'd call customer service but I'm not wanting to take out my frustration on an innocent phone rep. All of this has really ruined what was supposed to be a special gift for myself.
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

Nookie61, Have you thought about going to a BN store and talking to someone there . They have a phone number that can reach customer service  for the store . I did that and they took care of my online order for me .. it was cancelled within min . I was then able to buy one from the store .

If that doesn't work for you then call CS until you get someone that can help you .. it will get figured out . Don't let this ruin your fun of getting the Nook .. Hope that helps .

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

yes, I agree...please don't let this hiccup spoil your present to yourself! New product launches, especially technology, rarely go off without a hitch and at least we didn't have to camp out on the sidewalk in line for 3 or 4 days :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Nookie61
0 Kudos

Got the cancellation confirmation emails a few minutes ago. Thank you for the suggestions and advice but any desire for the HD has deflated like a popped balloon. I don't plan to look for it anywhere else.
Frequent Contributor
thegriff
0 Kudos

As I posted in another thread I'm fairly impressed that B&N have corrected their mistake so quickly considering the challenges many of their employees must be facing.  On the positive side the delay means I'll be giving my new HD to myself as a birthday present. 

Inspired Correspondent
Htom_Serveaux
0 Kudos

Htom_Serveaux wrote:

For every B&N device in the past I have reserved in-store, then watched as peeps who

pre-ordered from the web site got theirs and I waited for the store stock to show up.  So

this time I pre-ordered on the web site the day the HD+ was announced, and now my three

local stores are filling reservations starting today while my pre-order has not yet shipped. 

It's a "first world problem" for sure, but still, I gotta sigh.

Well, this is strange.  This A.M. I got the "delayed until 12/01" e-mail and used the link therein to cancel the order.  As of mid-day it still showed on my "Order Status" page as "not yet shipped".  Then about 4 P.M. I got two e-mails, one the "the delay e-mail was in error" message and another "your Nook HD+ has shipped" with a tracking number.  About 30 minutes after that another arrived that said my cancellation request could not be completed because the order had shipped.  So would it have shipped if I hadn't tried to cancel it?

Anyway, saw the demo unit in the store tonight and this may be the first tablet I keep.  I've had the Nook Color and a 7" Acer Iconia and both failed to hook me.  The HD+, in the few minutes I hogged it, looks like it may be "the one".  The screen is as beautiful as claimed, and the size seems perfect.  Large enough to be usable but not as big and bulky as my spouse's iPad.  I think I may even be able to read (regular text) books on it, and Mr. Gaiman's Sandman comics ("graphic novels, Mike!") will be sweet, I expect.