Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: HD Shipping?

Music....On Nov. 1 I called CS. I was told that my device was coming from Monroe, NJ and would be shipped on Nov. 8. or later due to Sandy.

Late yesterday Nov 1, I get an email saying that LaserShip is delivering my device. When I tracked the #, it is out for delivery today.

Frequent Contributor
thegriff
0 Kudos

I just got my "delayed until 12/1" e-mail despite having ordered on the evening of the 26th.  A bit disheartening to see people having ordered weeks later getting their shipment today. 

My card has not been charged but I'm still hoping the screw up was in ending the e-mail and not in deciding to ship later orders first. 

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

Well, I just got two more e-mails...

My Anti Glare Screens and 360 Cover are delayed unitl 12/1...

I tink the problem is Sandy..... Since my local B&N Store had the 360 Covers in stock last week...

Contributor
saeba79
0 Kudos

I ordered at 8am on 9/26 and got the "delayed until 12/1". So it doesn't seem they prioritized the orders by time of arrival :-(!
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I received the back order e mail. I ordered Oct. 11. I suppose it could depend on which model ordered. I ordered the 32 gb HD +.
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

MusicmanGG wrote:

I ordered an HD+ on 9/26 and I just received the below e-mail that my Nook is  delayed....

America has fallen in love with NOOK® HD+.

Demand has exceeded all expectations, and unfortunately, we're unable to ship your NOOK in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We expect to ship your order by 12-01-2012. Once your NOOK arrives, you'll discover a whole new way to enjoy reading with your favorite books, newspapers, and magazines just a touch away.

Please know, you will not be charged for your order until it leaves our warehouse.

The last time I ordered from B&N it came from thier NJ warehouse.   I wonder if it sustained damage, or if their is a delay on HD+ production...

I ordred mine on the 26th too. and got the same email. It's irritating to know that those who ordered later are getting theirs first. If deliveries are getting made then there are warehouses somewhere that are sending them. I understand the storm has caused some problems and was prepared to wait. But...if orders ARE being fulfilled, that's a different story altogether. An effort to fulfill orders in the order of purchase should have been made. Very upset to have learned this.

Contributor
raeni20
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

For those of you who are getting late shipping notices, I see that Best Buy's and Target's online stores are offering the Nook HD+ for delivery between Nov. 4th and 9th. I ordered my 8G Nook HD from Best Buy yesterday and got that same delivery time. Was hoping to nab one in stores, but from what I'm seeing, supply is scarce.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Barnes+%26+Noble+-+NOOK+HD%2B+Tablet+with+32GB+Memory+-+Slate/6412767.p?... 

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

Doreenpv....Did your order a 32 gig HD+....
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

I got the delay email too. I ordered the 32g. Hopefully it will ship sooner than 12-1!
New User
Desertsam
0 Kudos

Doing it again Nook HD did not ship Nov. 1 2012 will show up in Dec 2012 maybe

Preorder of Nook HD for shipment Nov. 1 20012 is now delayed.  But the stors will sell it I bet.  So why do a preorder?

New User
Desertsam
0 Kudos

America has fallen in love with NOOK® HD.

Demand has exceeded all expectations, and unfortunately, we're unable to ship your NOOK in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We expect to ship your order by 12-01-2012. Once your NOOK arrives, you'll discover a whole new way to enjoy reading with your favorite books, newspapers, and magazines just a touch away.

Please know, you will not be charged for your order until it leaves our warehouse.

Ordered on Oct 2 for Nov 1 shipment

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005

Re: Doing it again Nook HD did not ship Nov. 1 2012 will show up in Dec 2012 maybe

B&N's east-coast warehouse is located in New Jersey. I hear they've had some weather problems in that area recently, which has disrupted power and transportation.

Maybe B&N should fire that "Sandy" who's caused all the trouble.

Frequent Contributor
thegriff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just spoke with B&N Customer Service.  She told me the warehouse is out of the model I ordered and that my new Nook may ship before 12/1.  I asked her if they have multiple warehouses to which she said yes.  It seems obvious then that you are assigned a warehouse by geographic area. 

Now I'll be calling my local B&N's to see if they have the Nook HD in stock and possibly purchasing today though I really don't know why I'm continuing to support the company. 

Contributor
WastNtime
0 Kudos

I pre-ordered 2 HD+ 32gb Nooks on Oct. 12 and received the same delayed shipment notice today that many others are receiving. Yes.. Disappointing but, it is what it is. It would be nice if there were more information on the cause of the delay. Was there just more orders placed for this model than could be filled or has Sandy caused all the trouble? I suspect a combination of the two. Anyway, I ordered these for Christmas presents that most likely would have been used way before Christmas :smileyhappy: so I will continue to wait patiently.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

I ordered in the morning of 9/26 and have also just gotten the delay for 12/1/2012.  I live in PA and am assuming mine is coming from NJ since we are so close so the delay is not a surprise.  What does annoy me is that the E-mail seems to imply that the demand for it was so great that we sold out within the first couple hours of pre-order which isn't true (unless they underestimated demand). 

If it was indeed a delay from Sandy then why not say so in the E-mail rather than this stuff about "Demand exceeded expectations"?  How about something honest like "Due to the unforeseen issues caused by hurricane Sandy we are unable to ship your order at this time.  Please rest assured that it will be shipped as soon as possible.  We apologize for this delay."  I'd totally understand and accept the Sandy caused a delay.

I know it's a downer to see others getting their devices who ordered after you but that's not their fault or BN's fault.  It's just an unforeseen circumstance of Sandy that we all have to deal with. 

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,924
0 Kudos

That's the stock email they've sent for NOOK backorders since the 1st edition came out.

BN home office still doesn't have power, by the way.

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

I got the delay too and mine is shipping out of Reno (I'm in the Seattle area). It's disappointing, but I'm glad to see such a big demand. I want B&N to be around for a long time.

This isn't the first time I've ordered from a company that has back ordered on me. Plus, I bet they'll ship before Dec 1. I made myself a N2A card last night and amused myself by messing with my NC/Android tab which my son will get when I get my HD+ 32g.

I want to keep hearing how great they are though!! :smileyhappy: Glad to know that!

Frequent Contributor
Nookie61
0 Kudos

I ordered the HD on October 4 along with a case and got the 12/1 email this morning. If the delay is due to the storm it should say so but if it's due to having more demand than product, they should have staggered the ship dates in the first place. I'm not liking that the HD "may" ship by 12/1. I for one am extremely disappointed this morning. I'm really going to be annoyed if it pops up in local stores this week.

Frequent Contributor
Nookie61
0 Kudos

Re: Doing it again Nook HD did not ship Nov. 1 2012 will show up in Dec 2012 maybe

Or maybe B&N should say in their email that the delay is due to the hurricane instead of that the delay is due to demand for the product being higher than expected?
Frequent Contributor
thegriff
0 Kudos

And my iPad mini just arrived.  Too bad I'll be returning it due to poor resolution.