Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

Re: HD Shipping?

If your account says shipped then your package most likely did  . I had all my HD stuff prerecorded ... I went to the store  saw they had the HD+ in stock and having had my name on the list there decided to purchase .

The store called cs and canceled my order so I could purchase from them . When I got home I checked my account and somewhere between store to home bn shipped the cover and screen protectors  anyway... Having a cancellation number and all  didn't stop those things from showing up at my door a few days ago it took a week ... Shipped nov 1 .. Received nov 8 . 

and yes at time of cancellation it was known by cs that items were in process to.ship . I also had expedited shipping so odds are you will get your HD even if you cancel now . At least from my experience .

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this fits here but here it goes: I pre ordered a Nook HD in the B&N store. at first I was told they would come on the 31st of Oct or Nov 1 I can't remember. But what i do know is when i went back There more more Nook HD+ models there then 7inch HD's. But I let it go I decided to get some questions answered  then went and got a 16gig micro sd for my new Nook.  But around this time Sandy happened and yes i know after that B&N have been trying there best to get the orders out to people that didn't bother me much. But what made me angry is that They were only bringing in shipments of you guessed it HD+. I was getting upset and did my best to hide it.

Now I called my local B&N store and found out they were finally getting the 7inch models in my anger calmed I was in a okay mode now but then i noticed they were getting more HD+ then HD in there shipments but I still don't understand. I planed on getting "The call" before black Friday or Christmas But I have a sad feeling that my name is near the bottom of the list and i wont get my beloved nook HD till after Christmas or the new year.  A present to my self on hold till the new year I don't even want to think about it. My anger is not depression and to keep it at bay I just fill up on some nice hot chocolate sweets make the bad things go away for me anyways.

Inspired Correspondent
thans56
0 Kudos

Wow what a mess lol.  I figure I will just give it till Thanksgiving and if not here by then, will cancel and just be happy with my Nook Color and Kindle Fire HD.  By next xmass they will prob have a newer version or the HD+ will be cheaper anyway lol.

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

True I'll just be trying my best keep it on pre order and just put it to the back of my head and act surprise when i get the call. My mom has a nook color and by the way its looking getting a kindle fire HD is a bit easier.
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

I put my name on list to be called at two stores ... only one did . I was told if they ran out of hd+ before i got there  i could at least see the demo . The other store got plenty in but never called ... as for thr hd , I know the store here has them in stock recent . I know those took almost a week to get to stores . 

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

that's good my question is why are there more HD+ shipping out to stores than HD. i don't get it.
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was told that due to the storm shipping of Hd 's was held up . That was the reason store had no display Nov 1 .  

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

oh I see thanks
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yoru90

I hope you get your Nook HD soon.

I had to wait a long time too. Ordered it the day it was announced. Only got it yesterday.

I just fill up on some nice hot chocolate sweets make the bad things go away for me anyways.

That's a good suggestion.

Next time I'm waiting for something I really want I'll use some chocolate cake to ease the pain.

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

Thanks ^_^ I hope I get it too in this year I hope. It sucks when you only have two B&N in the state.

So There is a high chance they wont call me I need to keep checking in every week maybe?
Frequent Contributor
LoganK
0 Kudos

I was first on the list (added announcement day), but I was never called. They told me they had some system problems with the queue, but that no data was supposed to have been lost. They may, in fact, have lost customer's information.

There is also the possibility that the list was lost. I was added to a piece of paper, and anything could have happened to that piece of paper before being officially entered into the system.
Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

I call them at least once a week to make sure.
Inspired Contributor
Logician
0 Kudos

Don't bother waiting for B&N. They have completely bungled this launch. If you have a Target near you, they probably have them. I have several near me and they have plenty on the shelves, well, in the locked cabinet underneath the shelves.

I got the HD and overall, it's great. There are some bugs that I'm sure will get updated and some other changes that I'll have to get used to (like having to manually bring up the clock while reading). One thing I don't know why they got rid of and hope they bring back is the number of pages left in the chapter. I loved that on my Tablet and was disappointed that it's gone.

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

Logician I'm not sure yet if i want to buy it else where. I did look around and mostly of the places i have called only got 32gig ones I think those are HD+. So I guess i am sticking with B&N. Looking at my cellphone waiting for "The Call".
Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

Sorry for double posting but I think I figured out why my order is taking so long...in a sense. When I pre ordered in the store I didn't fill out the info correctly. So when I called my B&N Store to check on my preorder they had me down for four Nook HD's 0.0 is all I could say but I made sure to have them bring down to one nook HD and the color I choose for it was white/snow.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

OK. Quick Update.

Ordered: 5 HD+s, 3 HDs, in 3 separate orders.

Delivered So Far: 4 HD+s, 2 HDs.

Shipped by B&N on:

1st Nook HD - November 5th. (Order: Oct 22nd)

2nd Nook HD - November 8th. (Order: Oct 22nd)

4 Nook HD+s - November 2nd. (Order: Oct 1st)

3rd Nook HD - November 5th. (Order: Sept 26th).

5th Nook HD+ - November 5th. (Order: Sept 26th)

Left: 1 HD+,1 HD.

I'm pretty confused about the dates - don't really see any clear pattern.

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

Why did you buy so many of them?
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yoru90, we make Nook Apps.

So we need one or two for everyone on the team.

Everyone's loving them so far.

Inspired Correspondent
thans56
0 Kudos

WOOOHOOO my Nook HD arrived . . .  BOOHOOO it has a crack in the case at the top!!!  So now I have to check my local store and see if they can replace for me there OR order another one from BN and just hope they agree that the crack is a defect.  AND who knows how LONG it will take to get a replacement.  Honestly . . . what a PAIN.

I did however play with it a bit to check it out.  Nice from what I've seen so far.  Only thing I'm pretty dissapointed in is the sound.  Why couldn't they have put speakers on right and left when you have it turned to watch a movie so it's like stereo sound????  Plus all the way up volume level is not that great.  I've been a long time BN and Nook fan since the first original Nook but on sound . . . Kindle Fired HD BLOWS Nook out of the water for sure.  

Even with the sound issue, I'm still happy with it as I will use it mainly for reading and I LOVE the updates they did with the software and how things works.  The shopping portion is a major improvement.

Off to play some more . . .

Hope those waiting get theirs soon and all is well.

Contributor
Yoru90
0 Kudos

O.O.....COOOL!!! Keep making apps you guys are so cool.

Logician I did itI took your advice and called my Local Target and they had 6 in stock the guy held it for me till i got there i am very happy right now ::jumps up and down:: I'm keeping the pre order with B&N cause my mom wants one now lol.