Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

HD Shipping?

I'm thinking B&N will be shipping the preorders soon. I preordered on 10/1/12 and on 10/11/12 a pending transaction for the HD and screen protector posted on my bank account.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

Re: HD Shipping?

I received a notification from my bank telling me that a transaction to pay B&N had been approved.  I pre ordered my Nook HD the first week they were announced.  I believe that they will be shipping our cargo soon.

Lector GS
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

hmmm...nothing has posted to my PayPal account. I preordered on 10/1 as well, the HD+. I just can't WAIT to get it!!

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I pre-ordered the HD+ on Sept 26th. I noticed that my cc was debited and then credited twice by B&N. I think this is just to check that the cards are valid as nothing was actually posted to my CC. I also hope they ship early. I keep checking....
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

It's nice to see posts from people excited, not the litany of complaints. Most are valid, but so many glass 1/2 empty posters seem to forget the positives that prompted their purchase initially.
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60

Oh, you bet I'm excited :smileyhappy: I've had nothing but happiness with my Nook Color. Sometimes a friend or colleague would show off their shiny new iPads and I'd think "hmm.. I wouldn't mind a tablet that size". But the 7" NC did everything I wanted and worked great...I had no issues with app store, I'd rooted for a while and went back to B&N's "walled garden" because I liked it fine...etc etc..basically no reason to upgrade yet.

And then HD+ came out, I preordered as soon as I heard about it. I'm really looking forward to reading The Walking Dead comic on it.

Screen quality (especially in a larger screen) is one of the most important things to me. I don't get why some people say screen quality isn't that big a deal when that is the primary interface between human and any system, be it phone, tablet, pc, or laptop. You should see my desktop set up at home...extended desktop across two 24" wide screen HD monitors. Display first, speed and robustness next is where i always put my money.

And lastly, I've been a Barnes and Noble girl all my life (52 next month). That B&N is giving me one of the best screens on the market for half of what Apple wants me to pay, tickles me to no end.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

I am sooooo excited. I also ordered on announcement day. I hope it arrives before the store shipments do.
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

>>Oh, you bet I'm excited :smileyhappy: I've had nothing but happiness with my Nook Color. Sometimes a friend or colleague would show off their shiny new iPads and I'd think "hmm.. I wouldn't mind a tablet that size". But the 7" NC did everything I wanted and worked great...That B&N is giving me one of the best screens on the market for half of what Apple wants me to pay, tickles me to no end.<<

I'm with you!  I've been delighted with my NC.  I can't wait to see my magazines--National Geographic and American Photo in a bigger HD format.  I've got one reserved at the local B&N.  November pretty much sucks in Connecticut--this will make it bearable!

Frequent Contributor
apachedug

[ Edited ]

It's nice to see some love for the NC here--I too have one, loved it since Day One (never rooted, plenty enough to enjoy on it as is).

I told a couple coworkers on Monday I was ordering that 9" Nook HD+ and one of them offered to buy my Nook Color for 75 bucks, I said no thanks--now it's going to become a permanent part of my workbag to the office.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

[ Edited ]

Yep my Nook Color tho with dual boot SD CM7 android. Pretty much sates my desire for another device or tablet for at least the next 6-9 months. Barring breakage of course.

And they just released CM10 alpha 1 for Nook Color (aka “encore”)
"I'm not dead yet!" Edition for it. So maybe will take me through the next year?

Still loving my Nook Color and holding off until see what next year brings.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

orb9220 wrote:

Yep my Nook Color tho with dual boot SD CM7 android. Pretty much sates my desire for another device or tablet for at least the next 6-9 months. Barring breakage of course.

And they just released CM10 alpha 1 for Nook Color (aka “encore”)
"I'm not dead yet!" Edition for it. So maybe will take me through the next year?

Still loving my Nook Color and holding off until see what next year brings.

Still love my NT with CM7 on it.  AFN has a Jelly Bean version of Android available on their Recovery Plus cards for the NT.  They promise a dual bootable card soon.

http://www.androidfornook.com/forum/index.php

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

I asked this evening a store manager if he knew when the store demo units would be shipped to the store and he said something like "I don't know."  

I sold my NT about two weeks ago, and I have been without a B&N tablet ever since.  

Lector GS
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

On the Nook HD & HD+ order pages, on the pre-order tab, it's now listing the products will be available on November 8th. Not sure if this date is for all preorders from today on, or if it also includes those of us who pre-ordered weeks ago. 

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I hope it does not include those orders placed on announcement day.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I think if your order is delayed you would get an email with the new ship date.

I pre-ordered on the announcement date and have not received any notification of a delay in shipping...
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

When I look at the pending order on my B&N account, it still shows a ship date of Nov. 1. I sure hope that doesn't change...I'm counting down the days!
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Same here. I hope they don't change the date from November 1st. Was hoping for a surprise (B&N shipping early) but it's friday and no shipping message. So it's unlikely devices will ship early.

If they don't ship by November 1st, that'll be painful.

Contributor
charcoaldog

When the Nook Classic was on pre-order, the shipping date posted would keep moving later and later. That was due to the number of orders. There were different waves of shipping. The original orders kept the same shipping date. It was fun watching for the first posting of a Nook delivery! If I remember correctly, I was on the second or third wave and received my Nook two weeks early. I will be watching again for the first post, it's kind of like Christmas morning!

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lilliputing and pocketables are both now reporting "available on November 8"; I seem to remember when the 1st edition came out, for later later orders, the B&N web site listed "orders ship on__ " such and such a date, not "available"

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG

I think they sold out their first shipment and the new date reflects their next shipment of HD's...

As others have stated, on previous nooks they had rolling dates for shipment.

Glad to see the new Nooks are selling well..