Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Re: Hey, B&N: Your 1.4.1 Update SUCKS!

wow...good to know I'm not the only one who gets cranky now and then. :smileyhappy:

I like many of the new things in the update..some not so much. I liked landscape the way it was before but it still works for me. I like that lock button that I can use on a per ebook basis to lock it from landscape mode. I always use a photo tripod or cookbook stand sized to work to set my book on when I need to read plugged in. It works great and has always accomodated the charger just fine and left my hands free for important things like eating my cereal and having coffee in the morning.

I love that NOok Friends now works and I like shopping better, especially the subcategories. That is VERY helpful. Organization overall seems better though I have left my shelving chores lag and putting it off because I dread doing it. Haven't done any web surfing so can't comment there.

yes, the lack of the soft N is not good. I have the original Nook as well so I know from experience that those buttons break, so I'm hoping that B&N fixes that in the next update. Nothing to freak about now, it's fixable. Since B&N put a flexible bevel on the Nook Simple Touch  (Nice save there B&N) where the buttons are, they are definitely aware of the potential problem so this seems more of an oversight thing than a deliberate attempt to irk us. :smileyhappy:

I can't comment on the non-reading functions as I view them as bonuses rather than neccessaties. I read on my NC. I work from home so I use my computer for surfing, etc and my phone for apps that require internet access away from home.  I think if I worked out of my home, and needed access to more functions than just reading, then I would have different demands, needs and opinions about things.

I didn't like that I lost my authorization to ADE with the update and was glad I hadn't returned my library book yet as I had been on the waitlist for this 6 volume set of Jim Butchers Dresden files for awhile.

I found many of my apps had to be reinstalled. A minor pain in the .... but I was expecting a few initial quirks and if that was the worst of it..I could live with it. Haven't tried all of them to check that they still work, just the ones I more often. The rest were freebies that I don't use often so if they don't work now, I won't cry about it. Dropbox and drop2sync and the splashtop streamer remote were the main ones and they both are working fine. (again, apps needed for reading: to get ebooks sideloaded without hooking up and so I can access the computer's kindle app remotely to read my kindle books).

But main issue...still a darn enjoyable read.

I have a very noisy husband so I treasure silence when I can get it. Radio worked...yep..okay..just checking so I can turn it off again. :smileyhappy: Don't need it when he's here because I wouldn't be able to tolerate the volume required to hear it.

I am interested though to find out what problems others are having. So that I'm aware if I come across those problems, and any solutions.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

[ Edited ]

The OP seems cranky in every one of his or her posts.

Certainly everyone has a right to their opinions, but calling someone brain damaged at all, let alone for making some changes based upon what they believed people desired is beyond belief in this day and age. 

Maybe if just one time one of the OP's posts could be presented in a nicer way or directed so that someone that works at BN wants to read them, they would read them.  Sure, I know they should read them, anyway, but the tone makes me want to hurl.  And, stick fingers in my ears, so I no longer care about anything this person says.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
KnightOwl

roustabout:

Nope, no tailspins here. :smileywink:

roustabout wrote:

[ME] Why are all the book icons on my Daily Shelf smaller, while the ugly grey bar behind them is even bigger?

[roustabout] Hold the device farther away when you use it.  Problem solved.  :smileyhappy:   

Amusing, but no, not solved. I'll grant that it's a minor complaint, all things considered; but there's a  broader point here, and messing with little things like this, for no good reason -- I mean, who was complaining about the book icons being too big? -- is just one symptom of the disease.

roustabout wrote:

[ME] Why are there stupid little titles under all my app icons? Who needs those? Why couldn't you at least have made it a friggin' OPTION, so we can turn those titles off if we don't like them?

[roustabout] Um.  Because relatively few people are going to (even for entertainment's sake) get their panties in a twist over it, and some people thought it would be an improvement?  

Well, see, that's the problem: None of those people you're talking about -- the ones who thought it would be an improvement -- live out here in the real world. They all live in some dark little hole, where B&N keeps their Nook programmers, and evidently they aren't allowed to communicate with normal humans, or read e-mails from Nook customers, or read these forums. Otherwise they would've known better.

And again, the part that really irks me is that it's not an OPTION. They arbitrarily decided it's better -- and it never even crossed their minds to give Us the ability to choose otherwise.

roustabout wrote:

[ME] The horizontal reading mode does not work properly. Try opening a book that has its cover image as the first page, and turn your Nook Color "horizontal." Are you familiar with the word "rescale?" Or did you genuinely think it's better to just cut the image off?

[roustabout] I'm interested that you bought an electronic reader, but apparently prefer to gaze for hours at cover art rather than, well, reading.  It's the best explanation I feel like coming up with to explain why you consider cropping that art to render landscape reading mode broken.  (Much as you prefer the fast and fun explanations, such as brain damage, to explain others reaching different conclusions.)  

Wait, no, I came up with another.  Return the Nook Color at once;  it is the "reader's tablet," not the "functional illiterate's tablet."  I'm not sure who carries the latter.  :smileyhappy:  

It doesn't matter how long I look at the cover. If the cover images didn't display properly in "vertical" mode, wouldn't you consider that a problem? And the cover images aren't the only ones getting cropped, either. I have some .epub books with interior illustrations, and they're getting cut off too.

They don't get to act like they did us a favor and brag about implementing a "horizontal" reading mode when they didn't implement it right.

And just for the record, the "Functional Illiterate's Tablet" is any MP3 player that'll play audiobooks. :smileytongue:

roustabout wrote:

[ME] It seems almost trivial compared to my other complaints, but adding a few more size choices to the fonts is really pretty lame. If you wanted to play with the fonts, why couldn't you have done something useful, like adding a Unicode font -- so people can read e-books that contain non-Latin characters? In case you hadn't noticed, some of the "Nook Books" that you people sell contain such characters -- and you can't even read them on a Nook.

[roustabout] Not supporting unicode is a problem.  I have the impression that unicode fonts are supported in some epub readers, and I thought I saw some posts recently on adding your own unicode fonts to your device and doing Sigil rewrites of epubs to get the fonts to work.  Yes, I know it's a total workaround, but it may be helpful.  

[ME] You people astound me. You haven't addressed any of the legitimate suggestions or complaints that people have posted here. (For example, people have been complaining about that non-Latin characters thing since you released the first Nook -- and what have you people ever done about it?) Instead of fixing things, you seem bent on making them worse.

[roustabout] Okay, so I think I understand the real force behind this spleen venting now:  non-Latin fonts is a core problem for this poster.

I actually think a concerted effort would be a good thing on multilanguage support -- that is, Android has many possible language setups, but the Nooks only support the user interface in English.  IT's because BN didn't bother translating their own custom menus into other languages.  

Given that BN likes to pat themselves on the back about their Spanish language stuff (which is actually a pretty weak selection) I'd love to see them hire translators for their interface elements for Spanish, Chinese, and a few other common languages.  

You are quite correct: The lack of support for non-Latin fonts is indeed my single greatest complaint. I'm a Modern Languages major, and I'm studying both Japanese and Chinese. I'd like to be able to read those languages on my friggin' Nook, but I can't -- which makes it all the more insulting that there are "Nook Books" on B&N's website containing Japanese/Chinese characters that won't display on a Nook. Care to explain that? B&N can't -- or won't, whichever. More likely, they just don't care. (More on that in a few moments...)

And what irritates me the most is the fact that the Nook Color's web browser CAN display non-Latin fonts -- even on web pages where the fonts are not embedded, mind you -- so it's not a hardware limitation, and it's not even a limitation of the OS. It's only the READER that won't display non-Latin characters -- you know, the thing that's pretty much the central purpose of the device -- which seems to me like it must be the result of deliberate stupidity.

roustabout wrote:

I think - if you were willing to try being politer in tone and giving folks reasons to be sympathetic to the argument internally as well as on snarky internet forums - you might get more than just me interested in making language support something to ask of BN.   

That's just it: I have tried being politer in tone. I sent a polite e-mail to Support right after I bought my NC (and discovered its ridiculous inability to display non-Latin characters), asking what the problem was -- and I sent another one after each of the last two updates, too -- and all they ever say is a blow-off to the effect of, "Thanks for the feedback, we'll forward your suggestions to the people responsible for the programming."

Which appears to be correctly translated into English as, "We'll scribble that on a piece of toilet paper and flush it down to the deep dark hole, but don't hold your breath waiting for anything to actually happen."

So yeah, the non-Latin character thing irks me -- but it's the blow-off that really makes me angry.

It's the way they don't bother offering us options. It's fact that B&N obviously pays no attention whatsoever to these forums, or to our e-mails, or to US, their customers, in any way at all. It's the way they don't seem to care in the slightest what WE want -- they already got our money, so why should they care whether we like the way they meddle with our devices?

And as long as I'm complaining anyway: It's also the way they call books "reads." As in, "[Title X] is a great read!"

I hate that.

When I become Emperor of the Earth, that's gonna be a death penalty offense.

Contributor
KnightOwl

deemure wrote:

The OP seems cranky in every one of his or her posts.

Certainly everyone has a right to their opinions, but calling someone brain damaged at all, let alone for making some changes based upon what they believed people desired is beyond belief in this day and age. 

Maybe if just one time one of the OP's posts could be presented in a nicer way or directed so that someone that works at BN wants to read them, they would read them.  Sure, I know they should read them, anyway, but the tone makes me want to hurl.  And, stick fingers in my ears, so I no longer care about anything this person says.

"…beyond belief in this day and age...?" Oh, puh-leez.

If everyone has a right to their opinions, then I have a right to hold the opinion that B&N's Nook Development team might be "brain-damaged" -- and say so.

If you're so hypersensitive that reading such a thing makes you "want to hurl," then I suggest you avoid the Internet… and television, and radio, and many of the books sold on B&N's website… and most of the real world, for that matter. Just stay curled up in that politically correct, smurfy little bubble of yours, with your fingers in your ears, and try not to wet your diapers if some Bad Words™ accidentally slip into your perception.

And incidentally, if you've evaluated all of my posts here, as you inadvertently admitted, that means you deliberately chose to go look at them -- even though you'd already read the opening post in this thread, and allegedly found yourself so shocked by my horrible, anachronistic vitriol.

So is your curiosity always so piqued by things that you claim sicken you?

roustabout

I just realized something:

" just for the record, the "Functional Illiterate's Tablet" is any MP3 player that'll play audiobooks. :smileytongue:"

Or any fullsize tab that'll play Netflix.

Ruh-roh.  :smileyhappy:

On the unicode issue:  did you see the posts from Tom51 on getting Asian language books to display correctly?  I thought he had what sounded like a viable workaround for nonrooted devices? 

On the general issue of getting feature set stuff worked:  There are three feature requests (as opposed to new app requests) that have risen to a level of getting addressed that I can think of off the top of my head: 

- Parental controls.

- removing the cookbook sample

- landscape mode

I don't know the details on who-all was involved in the parental control discussion.  I expect it is something the support mailbox heard a lot (and I tend to think you, specifically, weren't being blown off, so much as the process is that no one gets a human-written reply;  they probably do word counts on unique addresses in the inbound email and use the stats internally, and generate a form letter in response to most queries,)  I know they heard some about on these forums, and I suspect that the community mods were getting PMs around it. 

The cookbook sample was really interesting to watch.  People either just didn't care much, or they were furious -- there didn't seem to be a lot of  middle ground.  At least one person here tried to make a Federal case out of it, and the community mods were tagged publically and privately on it. 

The landscape mode was one that I was pretty vocal about.  I tried to make a business case  (and a business ethics case) for the request, and communicated it to BN by different avenues. I know BN was getting requests at the stores and on the helplines for that as well. 

I never wrote the support mailbox about it;  I figured out how to get landscape, helped others get it,  posted about it (far too often for some,) kept asking the moderators about it, wrote paper letters about it, and got a chance to ptich to folks on the Nook app dev team. 

A problem with Unicode is, well, WTF does unicode mean to a non-geek?

Is this a fair summary? 

"I want to read my Asian-language content, including my Asian-language content that I bought from you, on the device I bought from you" 

If you root the NC, is getting access to readers that support those files easier?  If so, let 'em know that, and that they are not only losing sales of the device because of this, but also selling devices to rooters who promptly start doing business with the competition on their subsidized hardware.   Also, I think it's fair to point out that this device would sell more units in many markets if they did meaningful usability outreach - translated the menus, for instance.  (And got more content.  Their Spanish content is truly weak.  I'm sure the Asian language content is weak, too.) 

Telling me that there's a NOOK Books en espanol section - putting the brand name in all caps, and not capitalizing the name of the language - but not letting me put the device into Spanish language on the interface, and then giving me an embarrisingly weak Spanish section - that could do with a little improvement.  (Seriously.  Search for Nook books by Garcia Marquez, in Spanish, on BN.  One of the most important writers in Spanish, and the selection is ... oh, my.) 

And in the meantime, if the problem is fixable with a software mod, do it and encourage others to as well.  I've tried putting the user interface into Spanish, and there are about three places that have translations.  That's really, really too bad.  It makes it a less valuable thing to give as a gift to a number of folks I know. 

I actually tried to find the text of the menus at one point, without success.  I have plenty of friends who'd be willing to do translations if we could come up with a way of adding them to a rooted device. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Correspondent
Nooksie

You took the time to look all of his postsjust to tell him to write nice or you'll hurl?  Why on earth did you do that?   The only messages germane to this discussion are the ones written within this thread.  

For the others here -  To my surprise most of the responses were on subject.  I take back what I said about a pigpile.  Nice civil place you have here.  

PS:  About that home button change ...  Arrrgggghhhh!!

Contributor
KnightOwl

[ Edited ]

Nooksie wrote:

…{snip}…

Yeah, that's probably the worst of all the changes in the update. The continued lack of support for non-Latin characters irritates me, but that's not a change is it? That's just business as usual: "We don't care whether you want to read Japanese e-books on your Nook."

But changing the function of the only physical button on the face of the device…? That's MEDDLING. They've got thousands of customers who've owned their Nook Colors long enough to get accustomed to that 'n' being the Home Button -- none of whom were complaining about it, as far as I can tell -- so what kind of malicious whim would compel B&N to spontaneously change it on us?

And it is completely "beyond belief" (heh) that anybody could have imagined that the new function of the 'n' button is better.

Pitch: "Before, it was just a perfectly functional Home Button. Now, it's a Menu button -- if you push it once. If you push it twice, it's still a Home Button… that doesn't work as well as before. Oh, and we took away that bothersome, perfectly functional Quick Nav Arrow from the Status Bar, so you have to use the 'n' button if you ever want to see the Menu."

And again, the fact that they don't even bother to give us a choice in the matter is infuriating. They didn't ask anybody whether we wanted any of these meddling changes, and none of it is Optional -- they just get a stupid idea in their heads, and then DO it to us. For example: "Don't like having titles under all your app icons? Too bad -- WE do, so get used to it."

Imagine what would happen if they got the notion that Dvorak was better than Qwerty.

EDIT: By the way, the documentation on the Nook Color page has not been updated to reflect their meddling with the 'n' button. That's the way to keep on the ball, isn't it? It takes a few hours, tops, to edit those PDFs…

deemure

[ Edited ]

Nooksie wrote:

You took the time to look all of his postsjust to tell him to write nice or you'll hurl?  Why on earth did you do that?   The only messages germane to this discussion are the ones written within this thread.  

For the others here -  To my surprise most of the responses were on subject.  I take back what I said about a pigpile.  Nice civil place you have here.  

I took the time to post that it is disgusting to equate some disagreements with a company that provides a very decent product with people that have serious head injuries.  Brain damage is nothing to make light of or to use as some sort of stupid accusation against a company that doesn't do your bidding.

You consistently take the anti-nook pov contrary to your name, for some reason, as do others.  You will probably say I do otherwise, which is untrue.  The OP is acting like a child with the tone and use of language in his post.  My point in saying it made me want to hurl was to show that.  I didn't have to look up all his posts to find out his attitude-I actually do remember some of them, but I did look them up to see if he'd expressed some of his other issues before and yes, he had.  Mostly using the same tone.  And, everyone to a person has stated that using email to contact B&N is next to useless-not good, but a consistent theme here.  Constantly acting as if one is owed something by being insulting as to the intelligence of those involved has really gotten things done.  But, boy he told them just how ignorant they are and because of brain damage.  What a ridiculous way to make a point.  Mirrors were made for just such things.

And while I can agree with the fact that the n button function was better before and I liked the softkey, I don't think it was so much as meddling, but actually was due to the creation of the media bar.  People did want shortcut softkeys on the home page and it also maybe in anticipation of content to come.  And Windows updates things all the time-IE and Firefox change menu appearances.  Some functions do get moved and they have never once asked me if they can move them.  Just what every company wants, more micro-managers. 

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Contributor
tricespencer

KnightOwl - I totally agree with everything you have said.  Since we "own" the device I think that B&N should respect us enough to allow the option of updating or not.

Trice

Correspondent
TelSC

deemure wrote:

Nooksie wrote:

And Windows updates things all the time-IE and Firefox change menu appearances.  Some functions do get moved and they have never once asked me if they can move them.  Just what every company wants, more micro-managers. 

I've been using Winows since before Windows when there was only DOS and Firefox when it was just Mozilla and I can tell you one thing. NOT ONCE has Microsoft or Mozilla forced those changes on me unannounced with an auto update. PLUS, I knew what every one of those changes would be before I even elected to take them. If B & N wants to push out undocumented auto-updates, then do what many software companies do and first release them as beta's. Maybe the OP may have been a little rough, but IMHO, he pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Stop Calling It A Tablet
phoneboy

KnightOwl wrote:

deemure wrote:
…{hypocritical rationalizations snipped}…

Constantly acting as if one is owed something…

I am owed something: I paid $200+ for this device, so I am owed a certain amount of respect from the people to whom I gave my money -- and I deserve not to have its manufacturers impose stupid changes on me without the slightest consultation or choice in the matter.

Terribly sorry you find that concept so hard to grasp.

And you can stuff that pompous pontification about my harsh language. Right where the sun don't shine, lady.

1st off. you got what your $250 paid for, A Nook color. That's all that was "Owed" to you.

2nd, How do you know that people didn't request any/most of the changes that came with the update?

B&N sold millions of Nook Colors.

(I'll stand corrected if you have researched all of the WEB forums/Nook kiosk/snail mail etc etc for what the NC owners want)

Maybe you should start a FB page and see if you can get a large % (Millions sold) of NC owners to agree on the issues then contact B&N management . (A tedious endeavor no matter what company you are dealing with) The squeaky wheel gets the grease as long as you squeak at the right people. Complaining on an internet forum or 3 will get you nowhere.

PS. I don't disagree with all your complaints I strongly disagree with the part where you think your OWED something beyond the device you purchased.

As always JMHO

:smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Wordsmith
mbratch

[ Edited ]

TelSC wrote:
I've been using Winows since before Windows when there was only DOS and Firefox when it was just Mozilla and I can tell you one thing. NOT ONCE has Microsoft or Mozilla forced those changes on me unannounced with an auto update. PLUS, I knew what every one of those changes would be before I even elected to take them. If B & N wants to push out undocumented auto-updates, then do what many software companies do and first release them as beta's. Maybe the OP may have been a little rough, but IMHO, he pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I enjoy my NC way more than I enjoy Windows. (In fact, I don't think I ever use the word "enjoy" and "Windows" ever in the same sentence.) :smileywink:

Seriously though, I've used PCs for a long, long time, too, and my observation is that MS does force features on the users just not through incremental updates. It's through new versions of Windows. Who asked for all the changes in Vista, for example? Nonetheless, when you ordered a new PC or laptop, for a time, that's what you got. You couldn't always ask for the prior version if you liked it better. At least once, Microsoft has had to recant and allow "back versions" to be loaded for customers, which they'd do for a time anyway.

So you can't say Microsoft doesn't force the users in the direction that they (MS) wants them to go.

deemure

One is owed respect when one gives respect.  Continuously acting in an abrasive manner from the getgo accomplishes nothing or am I wrong in that all of the OP's demands have been met.  Even though there are points of agreement here, the idea that one is owed anything at all and especially respect is at odds with reality.

And my point was not necessarily even that the OP felt he was owed something, but he snipped a quote from my post to make it seem so.  My post indicated that acting as if one is owed something while insulting the very people you demand this thing from is not very helpful.  It does not encourage anyone to want to listen even when points being made are valid.  Most of this rant is merely getting the attention of users just like the OP.  Users that may or may not consider the changes something worthy of moving onto some other really fully complete device that always does everything wished for.

The things listed do not rise to the level of outrage that has been imparted.  Stress coaches will tell you such outrage is best left for those things that are really earth-shattering since the physical effects can kill you.  But, as the relative of someone that suffered brain damage I do take offense to the crap that people often use to spout off here.  I'm not being self-righteous, I am disturbed that a supposedly intelligent person would have to sink to this level to make a point.  It is possible to state your case without doing so. It's disgusting.

Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan

deemure wrote:

One is owed respect when one gives respect.  Continuously acting in an abrasive manner from the getgo accomplishes nothing or am I wrong in that all of the OP's demands have been met.  Even though there are points of agreement here, the idea that one is owed anything at all and especially respect is at odds with reality.

And my point was not necessarily even that the OP felt he was owed something, but he snipped a quote from my post to make it seem so.  My post indicated that acting as if one is owed something while insulting the very people you demand this thing from is not very helpful.  It does not encourage anyone to want to listen even when points being made are valid.  Most of this rant is merely getting the attention of users just like the OP.  Users that may or may not consider the changes something worthy of moving onto some other really fully complete device that always does everything wished for.

The things listed do not rise to the level of outrage that has been imparted.  Stress coaches will tell you such outrage is best left for those things that are really earth-shattering since the physical effects can kill you.  But, as the relative of someone that suffered brain damage I do take offense to the crap that people often use to spout off here.  I'm not being self-righteous, I am disturbed that a supposedly intelligent person would have to sink to this level to make a point.  It is possible to state your case without doing so. It's disgusting.

You beat me to it, especially on the "respect" thing. :smileyhappy:

If something like a software update for an e-reader gets the OP so upset, I can only imagine what happens when something big doesn't go his way!! Possibly some anger management classes might be a nice Christmas present for him.

Distinguished Correspondent
Nooksie

:smileytongue:It's so much fun poking you Demure because you always fall back on the same retort - making up fibs about what the person you don't like has previously posted, to wit;  "You consistently take the anti-nook pov contrary to your name."  You said similar here about the OP.  You said it in the Ask the Community Manager board.  "The OP has posted different versions."  LOL  That about a person with 3 total posts.  

I LOVE my NC! :smileyvery-happy: and you won't find any place where I said I didn't.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

[ Edited ]
Don't listen to the meanies! I bet they got kindles! :smileyvery-happy: At least deemure is well spoken .
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Contributor
sandystarr28

I felt the same way the first couple of days after I got the update to 1.4. But then I calmed down and started finding more improvements than dislikes. To me, the physical "n" issue wasn't a problem for me at all. So I had to start finally using it? I don't think I did at all before, and wondered why it was even part of the design. My biggest complaint is the store seems more cluttered, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. Of course this is still the first week, and not everyone has the update yet. I have noticed that the "Recent Releases" are not very accurate yet, listing apps that have been out for months. Change is inevitable, especially in the fast-paced world we live in today. I just wish they wouldn't have been in such a hurry to compete with Kindle Fire. Perhaps then it wouldn't have seemed so clunky
roustabout

[ Edited ]

Dee, one problem:  the tone of the OP was actually far more civil than a lot of the tone around the cookbook was - you're not hearing it,but there was a lot of humor in the OP's rant.

The anti-cookbook folks went straight up over the top and stayed there.  Remember the guy calling the FTC about the cookbook?  

And the cookbook got resolved with the next update after it was pushed in, if I remember right.    

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
patgolfneb

[ Edited ]
I sense a new years resolution lurking here. I sometimes may have expressed frustration when my obviously superior insights didn't receive the general agreement I feel they deserve. I resolve that my response in the new year will be made with a level of passion equivalent to the importance of the issues raised. As much as it tempts me to flame the loss of the soft key and a couple of the changes that seem to have been made for the sake of change, I will remain strong. I will need your support, if the charger cord breaks before Jan. 1, all bets are off.