Frequent Contributor
jelabarre59

Re: Hey, B&N: Your 1.4.1 Update SUCKS!

Yeah, thanks a whole ****ing lot for your cr*ppy upgrade, B&N.  Thanks a whole lot for *****BREAKING***** the functionality of my device.  Thanks a lot for turning my NT into something *LESS* functional than a $79 Kindle.  Now not only don't you provide apps I was planning on using, you've taken away hope of actually making your P.o.S. USEFUL.  Thanks for SONY-fying our systems; as in thanks for NOTHING

Really looking forward to the day someone breakes through tiyr locked bootloader and we can run a proper, unencumbered system.  For now you could get more functionality with a used Palm Zire.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

jelabarre59: I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there. A Zire? Seriously? To be sure, there are annoyances, but I've yet to find one that can't be worked around satisfactorily. What are your main issues?

As to the bootloader, the Nook Color does not have a locked bootloader. You can easily run alternate firmware today if you've got the motivation to do so.

Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67

jelabarre59 wrote:

Yeah, thanks a whole ****ing lot for your cr*ppy upgrade, B&N.  Thanks a whole lot for *****BREAKING***** the functionality of my device.  Thanks a lot for turning my NT into something *LESS* functional than a $79 Kindle.  Now not only don't you provide apps I was planning on using, you've taken away hope of actually making your P.o.S. USEFUL.  Thanks for SONY-fying our systems; as in thanks for NOTHING

Really looking forward to the day someone breakes through tiyr locked bootloader and we can run a proper, unencumbered system.  For now you could get more functionality with a used Palm Zire.

Oh get over yourself and can the melodramatic nonsense. If you want a "proper, unemcumbered system" get a Nook Color, and while you're at it, grow up. You sound like a three year old who was just told they can't have something. 

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25

>>Yeah, thanks a whole ****ing lot for your cr*ppy upgrade, B&N. Thanks a whole lot for *****BREAKING***** the functionality of my device. Thanks a lot for turning my NT into something *LESS* functional than a $79 Kindle. Now not only don't you provide apps I was planning on using, you've taken away hope of actually making your P.o.S. USEFUL. Thanks for SONY-fying our systems; as in thanks for NOTHING<<

Off topic. You want the Nook Tablet forum.   

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook

richardwrite25 wrote:

>>Yeah, thanks a whole ****ing lot for your cr*ppy upgrade, B&N. Thanks a whole lot for *****BREAKING***** the functionality of my device. Thanks a lot for turning my NT into something *LESS* functional than a $79 Kindle. Now not only don't you provide apps I was planning on using, you've taken away hope of actually making your P.o.S. USEFUL. Thanks for SONY-fying our systems; as in thanks for NOTHING<<

Off topic. You want the Nook Tablet forum.   

Which brings up something Dean was saying, you would have have BN would have kept the version numbers separate especially as the firmware is not the same (not even written in the same verson of Android).  They easily could have done even numbers for one and odd for the other or alphabetical codes or something.  Then at least people would whine about the right things...

New User
poe109
0 Kudos

The nook color and tablet are a great dissapointment. It's a frustrating device. There is a world of apps for the android system but B&N will not let you access it. That is why I am selling my nook tablet and color and buying Kindle Fires. 

New User
XochiALC
0 Kudos

I'm sure I'll adapt to the nook color UI changes over time but the cropped book covers and nook wallpapers looks unprofessional. Hope B&N fixes that on the next update I hate looking at ill fitting/pixelated images.
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

XochiALC wrote:
I'm sure I'll adapt to the nook color UI changes over time but the cropped book covers and nook wallpapers looks unprofessional. Hope B&N fixes that on the next update I hate looking at ill fitting/pixelated images.

You are replying to a long-dead thread about the previous release. If they didn't fix whatever it it you are worried about in 1.4.2, its not going to be fixed in the NC. They announced that the NC would no longer be in production when the Nook HD was announced.

Are the book covers in B&N book purchases cropped? I've never noticed anything off about them, but then again I don't buy a tremendous number of titles, either.

Or are you referring to something that Calibre does when it converts an epub to the standard B&N file layout, which "fixes" the book covers in the sense that the Nook Home launcher app can find the book cover?