Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

Re: How To Get Your Outlook Calendar On Nook

Apparently, Google is discontinuing the free service as of the end of January. :smileysad:

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Really?

Thanks for the information. Would you know of any more details or have a link to where they announced.

Distinguished Wordsmith
rbentley101
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Bluepen61 is correct.  Google Calendar Sync has been discontinued. Existing users can continue to use it however (without support).  It is no longer available for download for new users..  http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

The Missing Sync for Andriod which I mentioned earlier still works great. I use it to sync my Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Note, etc with my phone as well as my Nook. You have to buy the desktop part - whichi is now only $30, but the corresponding apps for your mobile devices are free. I've been using it since it first came out and it's been very reliable. 

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
New User
PalmPC
0 Kudos

I was able to sync with MissingSync, however, not properly.  For the recurring events that have long ended, probably due to ending a previously forever event, MissingSync shows events still going on well into the future.  It appears MissingSync does not understand recurring events well.

I then tried out CompanionLink.  It worked well, but require separate Calender app as it does not sync to native database.  And it's also expensive at $50 ($40 with special coupon).  

The other day, while searching for WM8 Outlook sync solution for my Nokia 1020, I found a hidden gem in Akruto (www.akruto.com).  At $25, it syncs to any WM8 or Android devices in native format.  If you have a big Outlook database like me, it will take a while for initial sync (took me 10hrs).  But it syncs beautifully - proper recurring event handling, full database sync, and to native mobile database.  Subsequent sync takes minutes.  And did I say one app for both OS that lacks built-in cloudless Outlook sync?

New User
PalmPC
0 Kudos

For some reason, Nook sync is extremely slow compare to other devices.  My Nokia Lumia 1020 took 10hr to sync 20k records, but Nook took 9 days!  It processes at speed of 100 records per hour, even though I installed app to keep Nook's WiFi constantly on.  However, the ability to use build-in Calendar application, and other apps that make use of build-in Calendar database, outweights the slowness in initial sync.  Subsequent sync is bearable, as I don't change more than 10-20 records per day, which translates to a 5-10min sync.  As the sync is "push", I hardly notice it.