Reader
writer28
0 Kudos

How can I move books to SD Card? My NookColor Freezes!

I bought a 16GB Micro SD card. Now I want to move books I've finished reading over to the card. I can't...when I connect my NookColor to my Mac via USB cord, my NookColor automatically freezes with a window telling me I'm now in USB mode and it's safe to move files. My Mac sees the files on the desktop.

No matter WHAT I do I can't get the little 'USB mode' window off my Nook's screen. Nothing works! My NookColor is completely frozen. I can't bring up the menu.

The only thing I can do is turn off my NookColor and unplug the cord. Then, my NookColor works fine when I turn it back on...how the heck can I use my Micro SD card with this mess???

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Re: How can I move books to SD Card? My NookColor Freezes!

Your NOOKcolor is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.  You're supposed to manage the files through the computer not through your NC.

Are these B&N ebooks you're wanting to move?  That might pose a bit of a problem.  They would no longer show up in your main B&N library; you would have to access them through My Files.  Also, if they are removed from the main device storage and moved to the SD card, your NC will keep seeing them in your online library in your account and will download them again.  You'll end up with duplicate copies on your NC.

If you want to remove B&N ebooks you've read you can archive them.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

Create a Dropbox or Box.net account.  Upload them from NC amd then download them to your SD card.

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

Buy a real computer - PC, should fix most of your issues.

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

Here's an idea. I just thought this through, haven't done it  so if anyone thinks it won't work just post away.

I'm not sure why you want to remove the books unless it's because you want to keep track of books you have already read. If that's the case, you can create a shelf called "Read" or "Finished" and move the books there.

If you don't want to see them you can archive them after making a backup. I think you can install the B&N reader on your computer, download all your books to it, save them somewhere on your HD or copy to a microSD card. Then you can archive the books you have read. They still show up on the "Archived" shelf but not on your book list.

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr

It's not the computer, "real" or otherwise, it's a lack of understanding by the user.

yocalif wrote:

Buy a real computer - PC, should fix most of your issues.

Reader
writer28
0 Kudos

Yep, lack of understanding. Now that I understand, I'll simply make a 'shelf' for books I've read.

I owe an apology for posting in the 'General' area, I should have posted in 'Tech Help'. Didn't look around the forums enough, just settled on the first one I found. As for the info given here, I've found I didn't need to buy a Micro SD card. Oh, well. Maybe I'll find another use for it.

As for the crack about a 'real computer' I have my Mac and a Win laptop. No need to get into

a no-win discussion on which one is better. I like them both for different reasons.

Carol

Michigan

Reader
writer28
0 Kudos

Sorry, replying to my post...to add...

Thanks to everyone who posted and helped. Appreciate it.

Carol

Michigan

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

You shouldn't put them on the card, just create a file for them on your Mac.
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

writer28 wrote:

Yep, lack of understanding. Now that I understand, I'll simply make a 'shelf' for books I've read.

I owe an apology for posting in the 'General' area, I should have posted in 'Tech Help'. Didn't look around the forums enough, just settled on the first one I found. As for the info given here, I've found I didn't need to buy a Micro SD card. Oh, well. Maybe I'll find another use for it.

As for the crack about a 'real computer' I have my Mac and a Win laptop. No need to get into

a no-win discussion on which one is better. I like them both for different reasons.

Carol

Michigan

Absolutely. 

And besides...everyone knows that Linux computers are teh bestest!  :smileywink:

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
New User
ladybug7648
0 Kudos

mine problem is that all the files in my SD card is erased but they're still on my Nook library and i can't delete any of the files in my nook library. like in "my nookcolor > my files > downloads i cant delete any of them. somehow when i connect them to my pc the sd card is empty. How can i delete the files in my downloads option? i have some books that I finished and would like to delete them

New User
wilder125

It's the same way with any "manage" ebooks option in the settings on the web on this site.  Delete them in your My Nook.  It deletes permanently on the web. Not on the nook device