Reader 4
LucryllynoftheShadows
0 Kudos

How can I put fanfiction stories on my Nook tablet?

I have some favorite fanfics that I like to reread, I want to put them on my new Nook tablet but I don't know how. Can anyone tell me a step by step process? If possible I don't really want to download any programs on my computer. I tried to copy and paste them on a word doc and move them onto the Nook, but it was unable to read them.
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

Re: How can I put fanfiction stories on my Nook tablet?

If they have an option to download in ePub format, that will work. You can download them directly to the Nook Tablet with the built in browser.

Once they are downloaded, you can launch them from the download notice, and get back to them from the recently read option on the top right hand side of the home screen, and you can get to them by going to "Library", "My Files" and "Downloads".

If you are not going to read it in one sitting or are downloading several at once, it may be more convenient to install the "OpenExplorer" Nook app and move the file from the "My Files/Downloads" to "My Files/Books".

If they are not in ePub format, if it was me, I'd probably convert them. Convert to EPUB describes how to do that on your computer using a free program called "Calibre". Once you have Calibre set up, and then plug your Nook Tablet in with a USB cord, its possible to drag and drop a book in another format onto Calibre's "Nook" device and ask Calibre to handle the conversion for you.

If the files are copy protected, Calibre would also need plug-ins to handle that, but fanfic is not likely to be copy protected.

Frequent Contributor
NookaholicAC
0 Kudos

I hate to appear illiterate, as I am not, but please explain fanfiction. Thanks
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

Google is your friend. From the Urban Dictionary:

Fanfiction is when someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, tv show, movie, etc, and create [sic] their own story based on it.

See also Wikipedia for a more scholarly definition.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Frequent Contributor
NookaholicAC
0 Kudos

thanks sun_cat
New User
GraceA
0 Kudos

I use flagfic.com, which allows you to download an epub version of fanfics from specific websites - all you need is the url of the fanfic. You'll have to look through their list to see if the website you use is supported, but I know they support fanfiction.net.
Contributor
Magic_Emrys
0 Kudos

You are going to have to DL a program like calibre if you want to get fic onto your nook. AO3 makes it really freaking easy to DL epubs right to your nook. But the fic would have to be posted there in the first place.

If you want the hassle you can go to your word doc and print it as a PDF. Nooks can read that. It's a pain in the ass. You wouldn't have to dl anything.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

Magic_Emrys wrote:

You are going to have to DL a program like calibre if you want to get fic onto your nook.

What file format is it normally in? The Nook can read .doc and .rtf files, but not as smoothly as it reads .epub.

New User
Sunny-and-Ben
0 Kudos