New User
leeada
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete Apps form the Nook Color (1.2)?

Obviously DRV has no real life at all.  There's no polite way to tell him, except in Strine;

"yer a Dag mate!"

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

Interesting first two posts for a newbie. This should be entertaining. Methinks leeada will make many friends here.

New User
BrianNCincy
0 Kudos

Thank you to Mark.  I just did a Google search on how to remove apps and when I got to Mark's response...I learned how to do it. Mark is a problem solver and a great help.  Whoever went on about buying a Ford or whatever is nothing but a negative, time waster. Go hang out with your kind and stop wasting people's time with your negativity. Just sayin'.

Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

DRV wrote:

Were you aware that the NC has no 3G connection and relies on WiFi to load or unload books and apps when you bought it?  If so, I don't understand your complaint.  You knew how it worked but you don't like it yet you still bought it.  Your compaint is with yourself, not B&N.

that is the dumbest comment -

Most digital devices have some "self contained" way of deleting files, apps, keystrokes, etc...

The Nook Color DOESN'T -   this is just generally accepted as part of the digital device's OS - like a camera, phone, etc - now a mp3 player that gets it's content from a "wired" connection might be a different story.

ok - say I loaded some "stuff" onto my NC and then am out and about at Starbucks, McD, hotel, airport, biz conference room - and I want to DELETE something from my NC -

hmmm - I CAN'T -

The NC is a great first effort - but is really missing all the little things that make it easy to use... and therefor make it difficult to use.

Contributor
Roxy0909
0 Kudos

I came here looking for help and see more fighting then helping.  I know it's frustrating to have a product not work I am trying to deal with my Angry Birds app failure.  As much as I like Angry Birds the errors that pop up aren't worth it and I just want it off my nook.  But arguing isn't going to solve the problem or the frustration.  Hopefully I can figure this out and go back to reading. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
baltoreader

Why do I have to keep the free Apps on my Nook Color (1.2)?

There is indeed no way to get rid of the apps that came with the Nook Color.  For example, Chess, Pandora, Nook friends, Sudoku, Email, Gallery, Music, Crossword, Contacts.  I don't like them & they clutter up my apps screen (and yes, I've purchased 8 apps, which I love).  I can't archive these involuntary apps and that is just crazy.  I'm hoping I'm wrong and there is actually a way to get rid of those apps whose only purpose for me is to clutter up the screen.  Help??

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Re: Why do I have to keep the free Apps on my Nook Color (1.2)?

baltoreader wrote:

There is indeed no way to get rid of the apps that came with the Nook Color.  For example, Chess, Pandora, Nook friends, Sudoku, Email, Gallery, Music, Crossword, Contacts.  I don't like them & they clutter up my apps screen (and yes, I've purchased 8 apps, which I love).  I can't archive these involuntary apps and that is just crazy.  I'm hoping I'm wrong and there is actually a way to get rid of those apps whose only purpose for me is to clutter up the screen.  Help??

No, you were right in your first sentence - the apps that came with the NC cannot be removed.

New User
HonestAbby

Here are the steps:

To permanently delete a NOOK Book or NOOK Application (Angry Birds,
Touchdown, etc.) from your Library you will need to access your account
viaBn.com/MyAccount. NOOK Books and Applications cannot be deleted from your
Library by using a NOOK or NOOK Color. Deleting permanently removes the title
from your Library. Deleted titles cannot be restored and will need to be
repurchased if you would like to access them again.
 It is always recommended that you archive a title on your NOOK or
NOOK Color as opposed to deleting it from your library. Archiving removes the
local copy from your device while the title is still saved to your account. To
restore an archived title you simply have to unarchive it on your NOOK or NOOK
Color.
If you still want to permanently delete a NOOK Book from your
Library, follow the steps below.
Please note that NOOK Book Samples can be
deleted using the below method as well.
1. Access your web browser and go to
Bn.com/MyAccount.
2. If you are not already signed into your account, enter
your email address and password, then click on "Sign In."
3. After you have
successfully signed in, scroll down until you see the "Digital Management"
section. Click on the "My NOOK Library" link.
4. You will then see a list of
all the NOOK Books in your account.
5. To the right of each NOOK Book you
will see a “Download button”. The“Delete” button is located underneath.
Click the "Delete" button to the right of the title you would like to delete.

7. A confirmation box will appear asking if you want to archive the book or
permanently delete. Click on “permanently delete.”
8. After you click on
“permanently delete” the NOOK Book will be removed from your account.
9. If
you would like to confirm the deletion via your NOOK or NOOK Color, simply
access the library on either device. On NOOK Color tap the “Sync”button to
refresh your library. On NOOK 1st Edition, tap “Check for New BN Content.”

10. Once your device refreshes the title should no longer appear in your
library.
New User
armygrl

mark,

Thank you for your info. You where every helpful to me and i'm sure others as well. thanks again for not arguing points like a child. for being an adult and just simply helping and not trying to be right. though you where. Thanks again mark!!!

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358

armygirl,

I'm glad I was able to help.  And Welcome to the Forum!

- Mark

Reader
NORDAN

You do not need WiFi to read a book, what's the problem?. Youn can dissable the WiFi and thats all.

Reader
Ray117

How are you teathered? You can turn off the wifi, and then it is not an issue.

You can put files on the Nook with the USP cord, or buy and download with the wifi.

By the way, I am 60, and use my Nook for reading, movies, surfing and email. It saves lugging around my laptop.

New User
HRMMRH
0 Kudos

Thank you, as a new user, I was confused on how to delete apps that I had decided I did not want. If I had known it was that easy to begin with, I wouldn't feel so stupid right now! Also, I've never run the friends app but I did purchase my first NC at walmart, which did freeze around midnight the night I bought it & was still frozen the following morning. It would not turn off either. Upon returning it, the cashiers thought I was crazed when I told them I thought it was defective, claiming "A brand new item and you say it's frozen for over 8 hours now?" But it was true. It also would not install apps at all. I returned it, and purchased another at Best Buy the same day. No problems & I absolutely love my NC for many various reasons! Thank you again though for teaching me a little more about it than I had already learned.

New User
MsAmma

I hope you don't work for B&N........anyway your comment "Like I said, you don't have a complaint.  You're wishing for a new feature that you know wasn't there when you bought the Nook.  If B&N had said there was a task manager and it wasn't there, then you'd have a complaint.  Everyone who owns an NC knows you need WiFi or a computer connection to do file management." is quite rude.  I just purchased my Nook and am surprised that I can't delete certain games and apps. That's one of the questions I neglected to ask about when the salesperson was busy trying to sell me the extended warranty and an expensive cover.

I'd like to get rid of Suduku, the NOOK Friends and the Crossword game, but alas, I find this is not do-able. 

Your concluding sentence "Everyone who owns an NC knows you need WiFi or a computer connection to do file management." is also not correct and assuming a whole lot.  Could you please inform those of us who may not know how to accomplish the removal of unwanted apps?

New User
MsAmma
0 Kudos

Thanks for the easy to follow and intelligent response to our questions...

Much appreciated.

Ms.Amma

New User
dadpTN
0 Kudos

I agree with you!! I loved my nook until the 1.4 update...now nothing works the way I want it to.  It literally sits in the box 99% of the time now.

New User
138-180
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information, on ghow to delete an app from my nook color.

I looked and looked for info and your info worked. to Press and hold the app until the option came up. To either delete or Archive the App. Again Thank you.

New User
Busybeecharles
0 Kudos

I don't have the option to delete my apps I don't want. I have three options. To put on home, view details, and some other thing, but none of them let me delete it. Now what do I do?
Inspired Contributor
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

If they are apps that were factory supplied, you probably can't delete them.

Baron Wulfraed
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Confirming what Wulfraed said.

There are certain apps like Browser, Email, Contacts, Gallery (MyMedia), etc. that are in-built apps and unfortunately cannot be deleted.