New User
bluetopaz333
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete Apps form the Nook Color (1.2)?

Thank you for your post it was very helpful

New User
Philo5080
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New User
Graye

Apparently this has been an ongoing issue for several years with pre-installed apps that can not be uninstalled and it is about time B&N took the time to address the issue.  I too have a Nook Color with a pre-installed app "Twitter" which I never have, and never will use - but I am now getting pop-ups saying that "Twitter has stopped working - Click here to force close", which half the time closes the app, and the other half it simply locks everything up and I have to do a reboot.

B&N knows there is an issue here, they HAVE known it for years yet have done nothing to correct it.

My question now is WHY?

New User
Dirigo_Douglas_of_Maine

However, the B&N site only shows (thus allows) you to remove the apps you bought. Those apps which are free such as Twitter cannot be removed, even when they (Twiiter in my case) no longer function and/or lock-up other apps. Extremely frustrating!

New User
Graye
0 Kudos

There is a substantial amount of difference between buying a Ford and complaining that it doesn't get 100 MPG and purchasing a NC and not being told up front that there are apps on the reader that can not be deleted even though they are causing the reader to malfunction.

New User
ReggieOJ
0 Kudos

thanks, big help!!!