New User
Dan_O
0 Kudos

How do I delete from my Nook Simple?

I just bought one on black Friday and have started to mess around with it. Some how I downloaded Angry Birds Expansion Sample something and it shows up as a six page book in my library on my Nook but not online. I can't erase from the Nook, (Which seems like an oversight on Barnes and Nobles part for any device) I can't erase from online as it doesn't show up there, and I have plugged it into my computer and can't find the file (or any of the other books) on the device there.

I would really like to get rid of this book and the user guide and quick start guide.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete from my Nook Simple?

Dan_O wrote:

I just bought one on black Friday and have started to mess around with it. Some how I downloaded Angry Birds Expansion Sample something and it shows up as a six page book in my library on my Nook but not online. I can't erase from the Nook, (Which seems like an oversight on Barnes and Nobles part for any device) I can't erase from online as it doesn't show up there, and I have plugged it into my computer and can't find the file (or any of the other books) on the device there.

I would really like to get rid of this book and the user guide and quick start guide.

Not sure about the sample, but you can't delete or archive the user guide or the quick start guide.  The reason you can't see the file for the sample, is because the BN books are stored in a separate, hidden partition. 

The only way you can delete things is through the website, I don't know why the sample doesn't show up there.  

I don't think it's an oversight, I think they are trying to protect users from themselves, from inadvertently deleting something, since once you delete it, it's gone and you have to buy it again if you want it.  And if you think this can't happen, folks have been known to accidentally delete books online, even though they give you at least two warnings.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright

I think the simplest way to fix everything since you've had it a relatively short time is to choose Erase & Deregister Device from the Device Info menu under Settings.

Once that's done, re-register your NOOK. Read the User Manual. Re-download content from your online library.

That should do the trick.

New User
diana100
0 Kudos

simply hook your usb cableto host computer, go to start , on computer you will see your nook dir and delete what ever you need to. thats all folks.

New User
diana100
0 Kudos

wrong.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

diana100 wrote:

simply hook your usb cableto host computer, go to start , on computer you will see your nook dir and delete what ever you need to. thats all folks.

Except on the N2E, you can't see the partition where B&N direct downloads go.  So the OP would never be able to take care of his issue.

Correspondent
Wulfraed

From what I've seen, ONLY THE FIRST model made the B&N downloads visible over the USB connection.
So... currently the most general means to remove content from any Nook is to use the Archive function -- but since the HD/HD+ don't have "Archive", you'd have to go to the B&N "MyNook" web site to set Archive (HD/HD+ do have "Move to Cloud" which removes the "book" but leaves the "book jacket" on the device with a download cloud icon).
Safest is probably to use the Nook computer application to download the books to the computer, make a back-up of those, Archive the books to get them off of all linked devices, and then side-load books from the computer onto those devices that still should see them.
Baron Wulfraed
New User
bmoonbdragon
0 Kudos

Thanks...I have 2 nooks on my account (soon to be three I think) 1 for me and one for each of my kids that makes it easier.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Dan_O, samples can't be deleted. That's my understanding.

The user who mentioned Erase & Deregister since your device is new. That would work.

I suspect that 6 page sample is for the new Agnry Birds book or cartoon series or something. Since B&N has a very strong tie-up with Rovio (Makers of Angry Birds) that might be there by default. So best option would be to just ignore it.