New User
SeniorInHS
0 Kudos

How much could I get for my Nook Color?

I'm looking to sell my nook, not because I don't like but because I need a tablet that can do more. I'm starting college in the fall, and would like to carry an iPad to class for notes and such. I enjoy reading, but won't use the device as much anymore. I want someone that will use it a lot more then I would to have it. It's in really good condition, and I have a case for it. 

Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

Re: How much could I get for my Nook Color?

I sold mine on ebay and got 130$ was the ending bid

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

[ Edited ]

Refurbs with a 1 year guarantee are going for ~$140 now, so I wouldn't expect to get more than that for a used unit.

You might check out the Samsung tablets as an alternative to the iPad. Be sure to check with your school for any student discounts. I hate to see a poor starving college student pay the big bucks for an Apple device!

Inspired Correspondent
Technologirl
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

Refurbs with a 1 year guarantee are going for ~$140 now, so I wouldn't expect to get more than that for a used unit.

You might check out the Samsung tablets as an alternative to the iPad. Be sure to check with your school for any student discounts. I hate to see a poor starving college student pay the big bucks for an Apple device!

I hate to see anyone pay big bucks for an Apple device.

Correspondent
tuck229
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is there any warranty left on the device?  The 1 yr Nook warranty stays with the Nook, regardless of how many owners it gets passed along to.  If it has warranty left, that should be worth a little. 

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a used NC.  As stated, the refurbs are just a little more and come with a full warranty. 

Have you thought about just buying a N2A card for your Nook and getting some version of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Cover-Case-with-Mini-USB-Keyboard-for-7-Tablet-PC-PDA-Android-/19058...

A 7" tablet with a keyboard is a compact, convenient, and useful little device for school.  Just curious, but what is it about the iPad that you need/want?