Frequent Contributor
Zogman42
0 Kudos

How to return to stock

I had "rooted" the NC amd would like to return it to the normal OS.  How do I do thiat?

I've read the many posts about how to root the unit, and some contained information about going back to stock, but I did not understand all of the steps they had taken (or they weren't there, maybe?)

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

Re: How to return to stock

Here are two links to get you started:

http://nookworks.blogspot.com/2011/05/clean-12-install.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914690

I expect you'll find the first link easier to follow. Note that this brings you back to B&N 1.2 but once you're there, the standard over-the-air or sideloaded B&N updates can be done.

Frequent Contributor
Zogman42
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. With today being cold and rainy, it is a great time to do this. 

Frequent Contributor
jbean00
0 Kudos

I, too, am thinking about returning to stock from autonooter 3.0 (I now have cm7 via an n2a card anyway). 

However, I believe the firmware I will be returning to on stock is way back to 1.0 or 1.1, as I never let it update past that.  Will I be able to update that to the present firmware?  And would that be done manually?  And should I take the card out first?

I'm interested in this so I can have Adobe Flash available, which is needed in order to use Playon.

Thanks for any and all help!

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,247
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1. Take the N2A card out.
  2. You can restore to stock via one of the mentioned methods, or by the "8-reboots" method.
  3. You can then update manually to the current B&N release, but if you don't, sooner or later (usually sooner) it will automatically update via WiFi to the current release.
2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

jbean00 wrote:

I'm interested in this so I can have Adobe Flash available, which is needed in order to use Playon.

Thanks for any and all help!

Why not just download Flash from Google Play?

Frequent Contributor
jbean00
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!  When the 1.2 update came along, the big deal was Flash became available to use on NC.  Since I never updated the firmware, I assumed it wouldn't ever work.  But sure enough, I went to the market, downloaded it, and it works just fine! 

I appreciate the help!