Frequent Contributor
Puppy_Dad

Hulu App for Nook Color?

I see the Nook Tablet has Hulu Plus but can't find the app for the Nook Color.  Any news on Hulu for the NC?

Frequent Contributor
sockhermom
0 Kudos

Re: Hulu App for Nook Color?

I just downloaded the update and hoped it would show up in the app store...but not there ;(

Reader
Morf6712
0 Kudos

I also just updated to 1.4.1 and tried to watch some Hulu content, but was denied. I think you can only watch Hulu Plus on the NC.

Frequent Contributor
SeaFractor
0 Kudos

I believe it's a Froyo vs Gingerbread kind of thing.   Netflix developed for Froyo devices, so it wasn't too much work to port to the NC and NT together.

However Hulu developed for Gingerbread and it won't back port at this time to Froyo on the NC?

Keep requesting on the HuluPlus forums though.   They do read them and may use it as an incentive to develop for the NC.  

Here's the Feature Request Discussion board:  http://www.hulu.com/discussions/7

Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67

So why did Barnes and Noble flat out LIE and say the Nook Color would get Hulu Plus with the update?

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

SIGal67 wrote:

So why did Barnes and Noble flat out LIE and say the Nook Color would get Hulu Plus with the update?

Where did they say this?
Contributor
reubensitos

Calm down guys lol... It is coming! I did a quick google and found this link on the Hulu Blog: http://blog.hulu.com/2011/11/16/hulu-plus-available-on-barnes-and-nobles-nook-tablet/

"We are coming soon to NOOK Color™, so stay tuned for the upcoming announcement. Until then, enjoy watching your favorite shows your way."

So there you go... just be patient! 

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

reubensitos wrote:

Calm down guys lol... It is coming! I did a quick google and found this link on the Hulu Blog: http://blog.hulu.com/2011/11/16/hulu-plus-available-on-barnes-and-nobles-nook-tablet/

"We are coming soon to NOOK Color™, so stay tuned for the upcoming announcement. Until then, enjoy watching your favorite shows your way."

So there you go... just be patient! 

Thank you!  I thought I had seen the announcement too, but of course I couldn't find anything when I read this thread.

New User
Norgi
0 Kudos

OK, it is time to bump this request.  It is February, the app was announced in November, the OS update with Netflix has come and gone, where is our Hulu Plus on Nook Color?

Inspired Contributor
dtmarshall
0 Kudos

Still nothing.  Neither company is talking about it.  :smileysad:

Don't Panic.
New User
JW63
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got off a chat and was told that Hulu is available with the new 1.4.2 update which was just released today.

New User
carlfxy
0 Kudos

I just installed 1.4.2 and no hulu still.

I was @ 1.3.0 and when it rebooted, I checked and it said it was software version 1.4.1 though ... anyone else seeing the software version as 1.4.1 after the update ?

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

carlfxy wrote:

I just installed 1.4.2 and no hulu still.

I was @ 1.3.0 and when it rebooted, I checked and it said it was software version 1.4.1 though ... anyone else seeing the software version as 1.4.1 after the update ?

My NC really says 1.4.2 after updating.

I expect that the Hulu app needs version 1.4.2, and that the app will added to the app store at the end of this week.

Frequent Contributor
thatdbaclk
0 Kudos

Well now it's March....and still no Hulu for Nook Color? If some one got in the 1.4.2 update please let me know!

FYI...my Device went from 1.0 to 1.4 and now 1.4.2......B&N I guess choose who gets what! They also should make available all NC firmware update packages!

I found 1.2 (Since some app's where installed that I couldn't find) also I wanted to see the Free Books they were offering....

Anyway if someone knows of a good Board I should join for NC Update notification that would be nice! Seem as if B&N have all are email address they send out some type of notice! LOL I guess I should be glad they even allowing OTA firmware  updates...but hey I figured that what I paid for when it was originally purchased in Nov of 2010!

Another Android Device (Nook Color)! Looking forward to the day I can use One Device Big Enough Screen Wise for: Phone and Surfing the Net.....this NC is Just Right!
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

thatdbaclk wrote:

<snip> 

FYI...my Device went from 1.0 to 1.4 and now 1.4.2......B&N I guess choose who gets what! They also should make available all NC firmware update packages!

I found 1.2 (Since some app's where installed that I couldn't find) also I wanted to see the Free Books they were offering....

Anyway if someone knows of a good Board I should join for NC Update notification that would be nice! <snip>

Well that's would be expected behavior that your 1.0 was updated to 1.4 bypassing 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. The free books are the same no matter what software version. ASFAIK, the only new pre-installed app that has been introduced since 1.0 is the Nook Friends app.

Personally, I haven't found a real reason to upgrade past 1.2. I did try 1.4.1 but having to clear apps and books off my home screen every day got old, and it seemed like I was having to reboot a good bit due to some freezing issues. So I rolled back to 1.2.  

Frequent Contributor
thatdbaclk
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!....So How hard was it to do the roll back?

Another Android Device (Nook Color)! Looking forward to the day I can use One Device Big Enough Screen Wise for: Phone and Surfing the Net.....this NC is Just Right!
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

Not hard at all.  See roustabout's blog here

Correspondent
dandelion_cottage
0 Kudos

Is HuluPlus available yet for the NC?

New User
JW63
0 Kudos

From a chat today:

1:23:11 PM : AgentLaura: Yes, that is correct. The NOOK Color would soon be getting the HuluPlus application. However at the moment, the application is not available yet.

1:23:45 PM : CustomerJim: Any idea on the timeframe?

1:24:01 PM : AgentLaura: Our technicians are doing their best so that when the application is available for download on the NOOK Color, there will be no problems with it.

New User
jfackler
0 Kudos

I specifically bought a Nook Color because it advertised that it would have the Hulu Plus app.  This is so that I could watch movies and shows while I am deployed to the Middle East.  It was announced that it would be available soon on November 16, 2011.   I am 2 months into my deployment and have yet to see the Nook Color Hulu App being released.  This is the last time I buy a Barnes and Noble e-reader as this was false advertisement.