Contributor
loveblooms
0 Kudos

Re: I can't watch youtube videos on Nook Color. Any Suggestions?

Wow thanks.  I've had my NC for 3 weeks and I'm just finding this out.  Great! I'm watching youtube videos.  I'm sure I'm going to learn some more things about NC here.

Frequent Contributor
lioness2001
0 Kudos

Lol!
New User
nine00
0 Kudos

I get the same error trying to view videos through m.youtube.com on my nook.  The funny thing is, it will play about 10 seconds of the video and then error out saying "Sorry, cannot play video".  I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router.

Was anyone able to remedy this?

Thanks.

New User
19BRIT84

I had this problem as well. I would go to the mobile site and still couldn't watch the videos. Go into your settings on your NC and make sure it is in "Mobile" format and not "Desktop" this should solve your issue...it did mine at least. Good luck! :smileyhappy:

New User
Knowledge_Sought

YAAAAY!!!! I figured it out, at least for my Nook. I just discoved that I have the same problem. Not beign able to watch the youtube videos. It NOT able whether it is youtube mobil or the regular one because I couldnt get either one. Anyway, the soulution that I found was 

1. Push the N logo button

2. Tap on settings

3. In the "Device Settings" section tap "Screen"

4. Make sure the "Auto-rotate screen" box is checked

5. Go back and try playing the youtube video.

Note: If it doesnt work right away try going out of the browser and then go back in and retype the youtube address.

Hopefully this will work for you.

Also to be noted: For some reason I still could not play the Nook Color videos come with the Nook. But when I physically turned/held my Nook Color in the landscap position, the video started to play. So thats just one more thing to keep in mind. 

Good Luck! 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing that tip.

Turn on 'AutoRotate' and be in Landscape.

New User
whatzagirl2do
0 Kudos

Anyone looking to view their youtube videos without being online, or any other .wmv file can use the most updated version of realplayer and convert your .wmv file to a 3gp or mp3.  Realplayer is avaialble for all PC's & Laptops.  Once you have the program on your computer, use realplayer (video) to open and convert.  Once converted simply save it in your media file folder on your nook color (can transfer/copy files once you connect the USB to your computer).  Hope this helps someone other than me..:womanvery-happy:

New User
bptsj
0 Kudos

Sometimes its nice to watch a university lecture on the nook - get a life