Distinguished Correspondent
vitaminbillwebb
0 Kudos

Is the Nook Store down?

I'm running rooted 1.4.3, and as of this morning, the Nook Store is not working for me. It was fine yesterday, so did they change something to block me, or is the store down for other people?

Inspired Correspondent
EarthTiger13
0 Kudos

Re: Is the Nook Store down?

It seems that it is down for me now, too.  I bought a book last night, but this morning the nook store isn't working. I would get the message that my internet was an issue, but it's not. I was able to get online with my dolphin browser. Does anyone know what's going on?

[singing] The wonderful thing about tiggers / Is tiggers are wonderful things / Their tops are made out of rubber / Their bottoms are made out of springs / They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun / But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one / IIIII'm the only one! [growls] ~ Tigger
Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

Same problems here, I have the stock NC and this morning the Nook store wasn't responding; telling me I had wifi issues.  I'm expecting some glitches, due to the storm in the area.

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

Same here - saying it is my wifi - but I can go on the internet and receive mail.  As others said, worked fine last night but not today.

Frequent Contributor
stolenmoment
0 Kudos

This forum had problems earlier today, perhaps B&N is having a netquake.
Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

Had the same problem a few minutes ago.

Maybe they're updating their store for the new Tablets.....

Reader
Willgrad1107
0 Kudos

Called them and they are having issues when you use your Nook to view online stores, new purchases on your nook, downloading books not previously downloaded to your nook.

I wasn't sure where to put an idea since the hurricane has disabled the Nook books if you don't save them locally.

So if you go into the Nook App for your PC and then download your book that way to your computer; this will allow you to be able to search for the book and then save it to your Nook as an epub and continue reading, purchasing etc without any issue. This is a temporary solution for those of you that have bought a book and now can't get to it.
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

This doesn't apply to a week ago, but then a couple of days ago I downloaded the Crackle app, and I have a rooted 1.4.3 Nook Color, so there isn't an across the board problem with rooted Nook Colors as of a week ago ...

... but just because you have a connection to your WiFi doesn't mean that you have a low latency path to the B&N servers (or whatever CDN it uses). One side effect of Sandy is that internet paths that pass through East Coast hubs could well have longer than usual delays, and also to those passing through hubs that are taking traffic redirected from the East Coast paths.

If the device download is not patient enough, that could lead to it thinking your WiFi is down.

That could easily fit the NC is having problem accessing and the PC app working, since the PC app would probably be designed for a worst case of a dial-up internet connection.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

This might be fixed;.. My newspaper just came in..
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

The MyNook page on the website is not working either.

Frequent Contributor
apachedug
0 Kudos

Don't hit the 'Update Apps' button either--I did it a couple hours ago, it went into update mode for Angry Birds, Fandango, Alarm Clock, Puffin Browser, Netflix & Solitaire and now I can't use any of them. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Just got an email saying Nook Store is now available again. This was for App Developers.

And on the App Developer portal there's a message saying there were issues related to Hurricane Sandy. I suspect that affected the general store too.