Reader
ThinkLearnLive
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Is there going to be a new HD/HD+ this year?

Barnes and Nobles just released the GlowLight. It is a nice device, but I want color in order to enjoy my magazines (and I must admit I like looking at my book covers in color). I was hoping for a new version of the HD/HD+ but don't see any indications that B&N will be releasing a new device. I'd like to get one right now but don't want the disappointment that right after I buy a HD+ a newer better device will be released right after.

Any ideas on whether there will be a HD+ type device this year?

Thanks

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Is there going to be a new HD/HD+ this year?

I'd say it's doubtful that they release another device this year. Maybe around Mother's/Father's day next year, but my guess would be next fall.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

The press release said no update to the HD this year.  Rumors usually sprout up a bit before the new device is announced. 

The Mothers Day/Fathers Day seems a like a good possibility, both are nice retail events.  Though B&N may want to start releasing both lines at the same time.  It would certainly help the issue no one has brought up about the pricing, the NGL is 119, a Nook HD 8GB is 129.  Now to me the 10 dollars isn't worth it, I don't want the features of the HD. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Wordsmith
BruceMcF

Mercury_Glitch wrote: ... It would certainly help the issue no one has brought up about the pricing, the NGL is 119, a Nook HD 8GB is 129.  Now to me the 10 dollars isn't worth it, I don't want the features of the HD. 

The issue being that ideally both would be $99?