Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Re: List Cool New Apps for the Nook Tablet

Yeah, there are a bunch of new apps but mostly by the same devs... The ones I can see a but interesting is all the penguin language phrase books... Nothing new too much, but another set of options for those looking for a phrase book app...
Frequent Contributor
kalmore
0 Kudos

Wolfram Alpha: You can search any statistic, enter any math equation, ask about dates, weather, politics, countries, economics, etc.. and it's right there. This application is $2.99 ($3.00) I though it was well worth my money. Fast, efficient and helpful.

SpringPad: If you currently dont have a SD card to use "Evernote" then the 2nd best is SpringPad. Allows you to create Notebooks, Create Tasks, Post Quick Reminders, etc... Free.

Nook Reader (Tablet) - 4.1.2 SD (Unfunctional)

Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

The Book Collector app by Qapable is pretty neat. Thanks to it, I can now look at my nook books and my kindle ones at the same time when I'm wanting to pick a book to read. No more having to check both collections when I'm ready to read a new book. With a little bit of creative data entering, I've even managed to "shelve" the books by genre - something I really appreciate with the Kindle books since the Kindle app doesn't allow you to create shelves or collections for your books. (Yes, I'm one of the ones who sideloaded the Kindle app onto his/her Tablet before the sideloading loophole was closed. You can also use the app to help you keep track of your physical books as well, and the developer has said he's planning to use some suggestions he's received to make it even more functional at some point in the future than it currently is.) 

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Fire maple games, creator of the Secret of Grisley Manor has released another game called "The Lost City" which seems to be a very similar type of game but apparently about 8 times in length...
Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Another interesting app I picked up recently is "Deco Sketch"... It is not so much a freehand drawing program as a generative sketch program that lets you pick a color palette and paint using a series of "generative brushes" that create abstract patterns based on some kind of algorithms... Kind of an interesting idea... Fun to play with and create some abstract backgrounds for your Nook Tablet... There are about 5 or so brushes and 5 colors per color pallette, and a number of other tools... Eraser, background color etc... You can adjust the max size of the generative brushes... As a drawing software it's limited obviously, it's more like a toy for creating interesting graphic designs, but could be fun for creating some minimalist abstract wallpapers... It's sort of like a wallpaper drawing program that lets you draw the design...
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Dolphin Browser is available for the Nook

Everyone says that they are listening but, no one remembers what was said.
Frequent Contributor
MarvinQ
0 Kudos

robotecture wrote:
Fire maple games, creator of the Secret of Grisley Manor has released another game called "The Lost City" which seems to be a very similar type of game but apparently about 8 times in length...

Both great games, took me a while to finish the lost city but def worth it.

i recommend it.

Inspired Contributor
Mrs_Gatz
0 Kudos

Big Fish Games

The Serpent of Isis by Big Fish Games

Vol 1 and Vol 2

$1.99 each

10 hour minimum Hidden object Adventure and currently, besides Puzzle quest, the only big production, high quality game App.

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

PepperPlate is a great app for anyone that enjoys cooking. It's a free app that syncs with a free web based site that allows you to add online recipes to your account. It also has a menu planner and a lot of other cool features. The app let's you plan menus and add recipes from your nook, and syncs that information to your PepperPlate account.
nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Just discovered two awesome new free apps: Dolphin HD (new web browser, the best on android), and Webpress (for those who have webpress blogs)
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

robotecture wrote:
Just discovered two awesome new free apps: Dolphin HD (new web browser, the best on android), and Webpress (for those who have webpress blogs)

Webpress blogs or Wordpress blogs?

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259

robo,

> 7. TuneIn Radio Pro: Okay, this app costs $2.99 but it is totally awesome!  <

Did they drop the price recently?  Because it looks to me like it's only a buck.

- Mark

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

WORDPRESS... sorry yeah i meant wordpress...
Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Contributor
rocky1234
0 Kudos

i like the dolphin browser - i did a searc a while ago and it did not come up - when i saw this thread i tried again but had to scroll though hte apps to find it  - nice search feature :-(

Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

Official twitter app is available for free... ya know if you are into that sort of thing :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
sailspirit
0 Kudos

Tunein is great! How do you listen on NT with earpods & do other stuff ar same time? Analogy: minimizing that app/program while doing something on web, email, etc.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,924
0 Kudos

sailspirit wrote:
Tunein is great! How do you listen on NT with earpods & do other stuff ar same time? Analogy: minimizing that app/program while doing something on web, email, etc.

For music apps (Pandora, Tunein, the stock music player, etc.) they will continue to play in the background even if you leave the interface for the app. You can get back into the app via the notification menu in the bottom left corner of the menu bar.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

In case anybody missed it, Twitter was released for the Nook Tablet!
Frequent Contributor
sailspirit
0 Kudos

Tried that with the free TuneIn, & could not find the semi-back arrow ? in the notifications box while I had TuneIn open/listening. Perhaps will work if I pay for TuneIn! Will try! Thank you!