Contributor
kikimon
0 Kudos

Loose Back Cover?

[ Edited ]

I want to see if anyone else has the same problem. When I hold my color nook, I can feel the back squeaks/ pops a little bit. Upon close examine at the back, one side is slightly loosen, while the rest seems to be real secured/ glued down. With my finger I can press the loose part down back closer to the unit, feel sort of like pressing a shallow button. I'm struggling whether or not I should exchange for another unit, but other than being a bit annoyed by it, I am having no problem with other aspects. I'm afraid that it'll get worse down the road though.

Did anyone experience the same issue?

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Re: Loose Back Cover?

I've read others posting of a loose bezel...allowing light through and dust into the NookColor.  You might want to try and find those posts here...or ask at your B&N.  Several seemed to indicate they got replacements for loose bezels that "creaked" when touched.

Contributor
kikimon
0 Kudos

i searched for loose bezel and did find useful info!! Thank you for your help!

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Glad you could find those posts.  I hope you can resolve the issue.

I thought mine was a bit "creaky" as well, near the shut off button, but I've kind of pressed hard there and it seems to have fixed itself...I hope!

Wordsmith
dparrothead1

If you decide to return your NC.....please try this first.  Check and see if you can lift the back cover completely....if you can, is it possible to see the battery!!!

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

dparrothead1 wrote:

If you decide to return your NC.....please try this first.  Check and see if you can lift the back cover completely....if you can, is it possible to see the battery!!!

HA!   :smileyvery-happy:    That would be too easy!

http://www.zdnet.com/photos/nookcolor-teardown/487636

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

That is a HUGE battery! The user replaceable one for the Nook Classic is tiny compared to that.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

At 4000 mAh capacity, I'm surprised it's not physically bigger than it is.  :smileysurprised:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Contributor
Antonics
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Rubber back seems to pop on the right side of my nook color. Afraid it might totally fall off in the future. My unit is only 3 weeks old. Am thinking of bringing it to B&N store to see what they can do, Also have some gaps on left side and can see internal light coming out of it. Any developments on what you did to solve your problem?

Frequent Contributor
stolenmoment
0 Kudos

I dropped mine in the driveway(!) and part of the back cover popped off.  However, some pressure snapped it back into place and all is well.  Something reasonable massive inside slides from side to side when I shake it (which was the case before I dropped it).  From the weight, I'm guessing it's the battery.

However, no ill effects.

Dennis