Inspired Wordsmith
KidneyKid
0 Kudos

Mighty Eagle for Angry Birds.

If you look at the details for Angry Birds after the update it says there is an Eagle available if you go to B&N and connect to their wi-fi. Looks like it is only available in-store and only for a limited time. Pretty neat that they made something extra for the Nook.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

Re: Mighty Eagle for Angry Birds.

Fun other tidbit - this new version of Angry Birds includes the new world (Mine and Dine) that was just released a couple weeks ago on other platforms.

Frequent Contributor
CindySNJ
0 Kudos

Hi:

Just got the mine and dine update - now I have to head over to local BN for an Eagle.  Any word on when Seasons will be available?

Ed

Ed Sciano, not CindySNJ as it says at the top.
Inspired Correspondent
LarryinGa
0 Kudos

KidneyKid wrote:
If you look at the details for Angry Birds after the update it says there is an Eagle available if you go to B&N and connect to their wi-fi. Looks like it is only available in-store and only for a limited time. Pretty neat that they made something extra for the Nook.
I have updated but can't find find the details about the eagle. Exactly how did you please?
Life is wonderful!
Contributor
KevinMA
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

How do you get the new update? Do you have to pay for it?

I can find an update button?

cheers

And there was Nookcolor :smileyhappy:

...Running Honeycomb from Mirco SD and dual Boot!

Sweet!
Inspired Correspondent
LarryinGa
0 Kudos

LarryinGa wrote:

KidneyKid wrote:
I have updated but can't find find the details about the eagle. Exactly how did you please?
Disregard. I held down the icon a couple of seconds and selected details.
Life is wonderful!
Distinguished Correspondent
Chubby8055
0 Kudos

So what do i do? Just walk into BN and connect to their wifi?

Do I have to download an update for Angry Birds via their Wifi? Or simply just log into their wifi and its their?

Inspired Contributor
CaptainGuy
0 Kudos

GO TO APPS

Click on Sync

Update App

7 & 2 and still playing with the new.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947

Chubby8055 wrote:

So what do i do? Just walk into BN and connect to their wifi?

Do I have to download an update for Angry Birds via their Wifi? Or simply just log into their wifi and its their?

1. Download the newest verstion of Angry Birds.
2. Go to a BN store and connect to their WiFi network.

3. A little bar should appear at the top of your game that gives you details about the offer.

Inspired Contributor
Nerdymamaw
0 Kudos

Having to go to a B&N store just to get the mighty eagle update for Angry Birds just doesn't seem fair to those of us who would have to make a long drive to get to the store.  Come on, B&N, let us all have it.

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

Nerdymamaw wrote:

Having to go to a B&N store just to get the mighty eagle update for Angry Birds just doesn't seem fair to those of us who would have to make a long drive to get to the store.  Come on, B&N, let us all have it.

Might Eagle report:

OK, I guess I didn't read carefully enough. In the event that others share my original thought, let me report about the Mighty Eagle.

ME is not downloaded onto your NC, it's simply there when connected to a B&N wifi signal. The good news--it's instantly there; the bad news--it's not downloaded onto your NC at a B&N site so that as soon as you leave B&N's wifi, Mighty Eagle is gone. It only works in the store! It was also my first visit with my NC to a B&N store, so for the first time, I saw an icon that offers a 60-min countdown clock ticking backwards. I wonder if that means ME is only available for 1 hr a day just like reading ebooks in the store is.

On a more pleasant note, the ME is kinda cute. You don't slingshot the ME, you slingshot a small can of sardines--after the can settles in place, the ME swoops in and pretty much wipes out everything nearby.

All in all, it was fun to see in operation once at a B&N store but it won't bring me back to the store often in the future, if at all. I can see that if the ME is an option at any game screen, if you find yourself stuck trying to wipe out all the pigs, a trip to a B&N and a ME attack might just get you to the next level of the game.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

The ME is available on my Droid after you reach a certain level.

I think it's unfair of BN to hold on to this fun feature.

Frequent Contributor
Tsquare58
0 Kudos

I agree, it should be available without having to go to a store.
Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

Wish I had read this before heading to the Mall. I am at B&N now. Bummer! Upside is I finally get to see what the fuss is all about!
Inspired Correspondent
LarryinGa
0 Kudos

CraigAZ wrote:

Nerdymamaw wrote:

Might Eagle report:

OK, I guess I didn't read carefully enough. In the event that others share my original thought, let me report about the Mighty Eagle.

ME is not downloaded onto your NC, it's simply there when connected to a B&N wifi signal. The good news--it's instantly there; the bad news--it's not downloaded onto your NC at a B&N site so that as soon as you leave B&N's wifi, Mighty Eagle is gone. It only works in the store! It was also my first visit with my NC to a B&N store, so for the first time, I saw an icon that offers a 60-min countdown clock ticking backwards. I wonder if that means ME is only available for 1 hr a day just like reading ebooks in the store is.

On a more pleasant note, the ME is kinda cute. You don't slingshot the ME, you slingshot a small can of sardines--after the can settles in place, the ME swoops in and pretty much wipes out everything nearby.

All in all, it was fun to see in operation once at a B&N store but it won't bring me back to the store often in the future, if at all. I can see that if the ME is an option at any game screen, if you find yourself stuck trying to wipe out all the pigs, a trip to a B&N and a ME attack might just get you to the next level of the game.

I drove 24 mile round trip to bn store, got the ME update in store and got home to find it wasn't there. What a sadistic trick on bn's part!!!!!
Life is wonderful!
Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

At least my drive was only 10 mins to the store.  I assume this was just a way to get us in the store to browse and perhaps buy a book.  I am disappointed that they did not make the offer clear that it was in store only.  Shame on you B&N!

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

All in store wifi extras are just bait to get you into the store to get you to purchase something. I'm really surprised they limit the free reading to one hour. How many coffees would they sell if you could read for free in there all day? Or apparently play angry birds all day. It's only marketing, and a double whammy since they presented it as a perk when they marketed the NC late last year.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

chuck4prez wrote:

All in store wifi extras are just bait to get you into the store to get you to purchase something. I'm really surprised they limit the free reading to one hour. How many coffees would they sell if you could read for free in there all day? Or apparently play angry birds all day. It's only marketing, and a double whammy since they presented it as a perk when they marketed the NC late last year.

You actually can reaad in the sstore all day, but you can only read each book for an hour in a 24 hour period.  You can read a book for an hour and read another book for an hour, etc.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

While the advertising is somewhat misleading, the Mighty Eagle is basicaly "cheat mode" so I'm not THAT disappointed I can't take it home with me.  That's just me though.

Also, it does say limited time only so it doesn't look like this will be a forever thing anyways.

(shrug)

The Mine & Dine update is nice   :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

chuck4prez wrote:

You actually can reaad in the sstore all day, but you can only read each book for an hour in a 24 hour period.  You can read a book for an hour and read another book for an hour, etc.

That's good to know. Thanks for clarifying.

The only time I've had my NC in the store is when I was comparing edge of screen sensitivity in the crossword and sodoku apps with the floor model. Mine responded better than the store model, guess I got lucky.  Perhaps I should go more often.