Distinguished Correspondent
KindleMichelle
0 Kudos

Must I Change My Name Now?

I went ahead and purchased a Nook. Don't look at me like that -- I still love my Kindles. I just love gadgets, and since a lot of the indie writers I like and/or support sell on B&N, too, I figured it was time. :smileyhappy:

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
~Oscar Wilde
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

Re: Must I Change My Name Now?

Can we say "I told you so"?  :smileytongue:

Welcome!  I know you'll love your N2E!

KindleMichelle
0 Kudos

Gloat all you want -- I can take it! :womanlol:

~Oscar Wilde
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4

Ah, sweet irony! It's OK, you know I've always loved you. That makes everything right with the world, doesn't it? :smileywink:
Reader
757EliasHZ

I've had a Kindle (Keyboard edition) now for over a year, upgraded to the Kindle Touch when it came out, and purchased the Simple Touch 3 months ago. I've fallen in love with the ergonomics of the Simple Touch. Small but nice size, physical AND touch page turning, I find it my go-to ereader of choice. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.*

*Well, only sometimes, and you have to go into B&N to get them, and you have to hurry or they'll run out, and sometimes the person in the cafe can't figure out how to ring the free cookie, and, well, you get the picture. *smiles sheepishly*

Congrats on your new nook. :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos

Well now I have to pout harder. I don't get no cookies!..:smileyfrustrated:  I don't get no coupons, I don't get no cookies.. I never get nothin' good..

Anyone have any worms that I can dish up for myself?

keriflur
0 Kudos

moose_tracker wrote:

Well now I have to pout harder. I don't get no cookies!..:smileyfrustrated:  I don't get no coupons, I don't get no cookies.. I never get nothin' good..

Anyone have any worms that I can dish up for myself?

The *sometimes* free cookie, drink, etc. is a bring-your-nook-to-the-store type promo.  When you get into the store and turn on your wi-fi, you should be able to see the more-in-store coupons on your nook (they hide them, though, I think in the shop section of the nook?  You can tell I don't take my nook to the store very often, LOL).  I'm sure you're not excluded, unless you've angered the cookie gods. :smileysurprised:

KindleMichelle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The nearest B&N is still about an hour and a half away, and my purchase has not -- surprisingly enough -- persuaded them to build one in my little town. I think I'll bake my own cookies. :smileyhappy:

Oh, but I just realized I can now take a reader into a store without embarrassment. I could never bring myself to take my Kindle in, and it surprised me when friends told me they had no such issue.

keriflur wrote:

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.*

*Well, only sometimes, and you have to go into B&N to get them, and you have to hurry or they'll run out, and sometimes the person in the cafe can't figure out how to ring the free cookie, and, well, you get the picture. *smiles sheepishly*

Congrats on your new nook. :smileyhappy:

~Oscar Wilde
Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

No need for you to change your name.  Just acknowledge that the NST is a great device and that in some cases it outperforms other readers.  Have fun reading from both of them.  I, like you, have a Kindle Touch, which I like a lot.  However, I spend must of my reading time using my Nook.  NST rocks!!!!

Welcome to the club.  I know you will feel good here.

Lector GS
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

I don't think it's necessary.  But if you decide to, you can call yourself KinNook Michelle.

:smileywink:

Contributor
The_Nookster
0 Kudos

So Grasshopper.. you have seen the light and become "Nookerized"!  :smileyvery-happy:

All good things will now come into your life as you shall hereafter be known as.. "the gifted one who saw the error of their ways"!  :smileywink:

Shall the "Force of Nooker Knowledge" always be with you.  :smileylol:

The_Nookster

KindleMichelle
0 Kudos

The errors of my ways involves me spending too much money on books and gadgets -- buying a reader I don't need is probably not seeing the errors of my ways. It's, at the very least, ignoring the error of my ways.

Anyhow, it got delivered earlier, is now charged, and I purchased my first book for it. Seems pretty intuitive.

Amazon's store still seems easier to shop in, but I like some of the groupings here.

~Oscar Wilde
Frequent Contributor
ginger-maci
0 Kudos

Many of us own both tablets and NST. I own a NC, but just bought a NST because I got tired of have to recharge it every day.  You could rename yourself, but "simplemichelle" doesn't have the best ring to it,LOL.

KindleMichelle

ginger-maci wrote:

...but "simplemichelle" doesn't have the best ring to it,LOL.

I prefer "Refreshingly Uncomplicated!" :smileyhappy:

~Oscar Wilde
bobstro
0 Kudos

Not "touched Michelle"?

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

I see no reason to change your name -- it's a good reminder that some people CAN see the value in a superior product.  :smileyvery-happy:

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Knight of the Word, The Dark Knight Returns, Appleseed
bobstro
0 Kudos

Maybe use another name in Salem, MA. Other than that, it just adds an air of mystery. Keep it. Having tried both and made your choice gives you credibility.