New User
DrewGuy

Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

This one is a bit off the wall, and there are probably file size reasons why it doesn't make sense, but I've always wanted to see an option to make the cover art of the book I'm currently reading automatically become the screensaver.  One of the few things I miss about ebooks is glancing at the cover art every time I pick up a book.  I realize it would be in greyscale but, still, it is just part of the reading experience for me.

Otherwise, I agree with the many comments on organizing shelves and being able to more easily add books to shelves.  As well as the option to have the time and wireless status visible at all times.

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

You can make the cover art the screensaver yourself but having that option available to do it automatically would be a nice option.

I would also like to have and option to make the clock visible as well, I think I may have even posted it on this thread before.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

EmpressKC wrote:

I love these suggestions!  I'd also like a way to back up books with the highlighting, notes and bookmarks intact. Someday this Nook will die and I will lose all my highlights, etc.  Or I will buy a new one before it dies and will have to download all my books again from the B&N site without the highlights, etc., which is what happened when I moved from N1E to N2E.  For me, this is the biggest issue.

I'd like a way to export the notes and highlights to another format, such as .doc/.docx or .txt.  I personally have't bothered to use the notes and highlights on my N1E because if I can't get them off the device they're not useful to me.

Wordsmith
SCIONTX

[ Edited ]

My Home screen is irking the heck out of me! I've been staring at the same 4 books in the What To Read Next section for the past 5 days. They're recommendations based on a purchase. When does this part of the screen update for crying out loud?! This feature is CRAP as it is now.

I DON'T WANT TO READ ANY OF THOSE FREAKIN' BOOKS NEXT. 

If you're going to do this, then give us the ability to tweak recommendations. Please follow Amazon's lead on this one.

keriflur

SCIONTX wrote:

I DON'T WANT TO READ ANY OF THOSE FREAKIN' BOOKS NEXT. 

I also find this excruciatingly annoying.  What should I read next?  How about one of the 50+ books that I've downloaded and haven't read? LOL.  They need to change the name to "What to Buy Next" since that's what they're trying to do there anyway - sell me something.

Correspondent
yarnmama

Nallia wrote:

SCIONTX wrote:

"What To Read next" on the Home screen needs to be customizable. The way it is now, the novelty has already worn off after a couple of days of owning the device.

In Settings we should be able to check off which ones we would like to see cycled through:

B&N Top 100

New York Times Bestsellers

New Releases

Trending NOOK Books

Recommended

Top LendMe Books

Steals 'n' Deals

NOOK Friends

I second this!

Me too! Or maybe even be able to add on of our shelves.

Reader 4
Meriel

I'd like to add my vote for syncing of the ewishlist on bn.com with the new nook.

I've been collecting ebooks on my list since purchasing the original nook a year and a half ago and it is where I go when I want to purchase a book. Really irritating that they dropped this functionaity.

New User
mab514

Re: [N2E] wish list for 1.1 Update

I am all for the all ready suggested updates.  I would also request the ability for the e-book wish list created online at the Barnes & Noble site to be available on the Nook as it was on the Nook 1st edition.  I miss this feature as it allowed for much faster additions to the e-reader when I was ready for the next book.

Contributor
wensday
0 Kudos

I know what you mean as I love to see the covers of my books.  What I have done is taken my top 50 book covers (google images, size to 600x800) and put them into "My File" for the screensaver and it cycles through them so I get to see all my favorite covers.

Contributor
wensday

First, I am in LOVE with my NOOK and would not change my mind on getting it even if nothing is changed.  But since there is this thread, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

1)      Please add the clock to the corner while reading.

2)      Sync my bn.com wish list to my nook wish list

3)      Allow Deletion of files from “my file” folder without having to use the USB

4)      "Add to Shelf" option available when viewing book details

Most importantly: Leave the N2E as an “EREADER” and nothing else.

Inspired Contributor
jpcapili

I really hate the dictionary in the new nook. For example (cant think of anything right now but similar to this), "procuration" - the action of procuring.

can we have the same dictionary that kindle uses? it's clean and simple.

Wordsmith
SCIONTX

jpcapili wrote:

I really hate the dictionary in the new nook. For example (cant think of anything right now but similar to this), "procuration" - the action of procuring.

can we have the same dictionary that kindle uses? it's clean and simple.

I agree. Can we get the New Oxford American Dictionary.

Contributor
jlariviere

[ Edited ]

I would really, really, really, love to clear the recommendations from the home screen, and have more recently read books there.  

Also, the search is broken, in my opinion.  The recent searches does not work, it only shows the book you opened from the search, not the search or the results.

On the top of my wish list is to have the device password added back, and the ability to edit book details on the device, to fix ones that show up wrong.  

At the moment, Shelves are useless for me.  If I could Filter by Shelve, and have Sub-Shelves (Fiction -> Classics), and I absolutely must have a 'unshelved' shelf', so i can know what isn't in one!

Jeremie

New User
Vavavicki
0 Kudos

Please fix the touch screen so it doesn't stop responding!

keriflur

This is more of a bug fix than a wishlist item -

When I turn off my nook and restart it, the screensaver reverts back to the authors every time.  When I go into the screen options it shows my custom screensaver folder as selected, but to see those screensavers I have to select the authors screensavers and then reselect my custom screensavers.

Please fix this.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

This is more of a bug fix than a wishlist item -

When I turn off my nook and restart it, the screensaver reverts back to the authors every time.  When I go into the screen options it shows my custom screensaver folder as selected, but to see those screensavers I have to select the authors screensavers and then reselect my custom screensavers.

Please fix this.

I've noticed that but it automatically switches back to my preference after the first screen saver pic change.

►Without order there is chaos◄
deemure
0 Kudos

I agree with others that our shopping wishlists are cumbersome. I was thinking it might be nice to keep separate wishlists, but be able to access them on all devices. What I mean is something like on the website where you have a separate nookbook wishlist. I'm thinking that if you have a wishlist you created on your N2E, one on your NC, and one on your computer, then when in shop, you would have thise wishlists to choose from. That might then allow you to see some of the things that only work on a NOOKcolor, but you wouldn't have a NOOKcolor wishlist if you didn't have an NC. And it would still allow them to be somewhat separate, but you could buy from a list on either device. Just a thought.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
rbrenart
0 Kudos

I want the ability to turn off the page turn via touchscreen. Speed reading 101, follow your finger. Doing that on this advice is nearly impossible (start at the end of the first line, then don't lift your finger and it works, but that's a pita).

Contributor
RealAct

[ Edited ]

Please make it possible to ENABLE/DISABLE the Touch Screen Page Turning feature!

I must say that I love every single bit of the touch functionality except for the page turning one, it shouldn't be that hard to program this at all, they don't need to disable any of the other touch features, just enable a new one to make page turning by hardware keys only and make it OPTIONAL for the user to take advantage of it or not.

We all have different anatomies and ways of handling the device, this causes unwanted/unexpected page turns it is annoying and a problem for some people. 

Contributor
RMansfield

I'd like to request an easy method for screen capture/grab just like on the Nook Color.