Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Re: [N2E] Wishlist for 1.1 Update

skcwa wrote:

What? N2 doesn't support PDB files like the N1 did? I was reading these posts to decide if I want to get the N2, but if it doesn't have PDB support, I may not want to. I have purchased a number of books via Fictionwise as well. One of the reasons I liked Nook was because I had options to purchase from a variety of sources.

I also wish N2 had a 3G option. I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

Thx

No, but I haven't had any problems getting my N1E connecting to my secure wireless connection either.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

I'm going to concur with a way to manually order your shelves, which you can do on the N1E.  

I would also like to see how much of the B&N partition is being used at any given time, so I would know when I needed to archive some items.  With the N1E and 3G, I simply archived a lot of books knowing I could get to them almost anywhere, with WiFi only, I would probably leave more books on the device.

Frequent Contributor
Prmetime

I would like to see the following:

1.basic web browser

2.email program

3.calendar program

I would also like to see more file support (.doc, .odt, .pdb, etc) and better compatibility with .pdf files.  Finally I would like a dictionary that is useful.  I looked up a common word today and I got four responses, none of which were actually definitions of the word I looked up.

Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

skcwa wrote:

I also wish N2 had a 3G option. I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

Thx

I would suggest you do a search on these boards for wifi connection issues as I know I have seen multiple threads with problems and solutions.  I really have little experience with home wifi and believe that trading questions back and forth would be a far less timely way for you to find the information you need.

Hope to see you later at...

Reader 4
wcp42
0 Kudos

skcwa wrote:

Thx

I had some issues connecting to my secure wireless network with my nook color before the latest update. However the N2E I picked up worked flawlessly with it.

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem.  I have called customer services myriads of times to have this connectivity problem solved to no avail.  I have resigned myself to go to my local B&N store to use their wifi connection.

Lector GS
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

I am only using WEP on my home wifi but my N2E connected immediately once I put the password in.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis

deemure wrote:

Very succinct!  Great, imo.  I am also hoping that when and if mynook.com becomes a reality there will be the ability to save shelf names and/or contents maybe in a playlist that could be loaded.  Also, bulk downloads of books, and bulk archiving of books.  I understand if a device can't download more than 5 books at once, but some of this stuff would make de-registering and re-registering less of a pain-or even registering the first time.  I'd love it if my shelves could be the same on all my devices, more or less.

I understand why you say this, and I'm all for it, as long as there is an option to NOT have them synced to all devices.  I currently have 3 nooks: my wife uses the N1E, I have the N2E, and my children (specifically the youngest) uses the NC.  I'm sure we don't want our shelves to be the same.  It would also be nice to make up shelves on mynook.com (when/if it becomes available) and sync them however we want to which devices we want. By that I mean to NOT have an all or nothing sync feature.  That way we could make shelves like:

Read - Mine

Read - Wife

To Read - Mine

To Read - Wife

and sync only those shelves I want on my Nook and only the shelves my wife wants on her Nook.  If the only option is all or nothing, then we'll probably have to make other accounts and sideload books amongst them, something I would prefer to not have to do.

Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

skcwa wrote:

I never have been able to get my N1 to connect to my home wireless router because it's encrypted. Has anyone had problems with the N2 connecting to a secure wireless router?

Thx

I use a WEP encryption on my wireless router and have had no issues with my N1E, NC, or N2E connecting to it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Arestelle wrote:

There seems to be a bug with linking a Twitter account (keyboard does not come up when you click username and/or password field). I'd like to see this fixed.

(If this happens, you can still link your Twitter by navigating to a regular Twitter log-in screen, logging in, then going back to the authorization page. It should remember that you're logged in. Mine did.)

I couldn't get a keyboard when trying to log in to facebook, and got one when I tried to log in to twitter.  I think the bigger issue here is that sometimes when there is a text field the keyboard does not appear and there is no way to manually bring it up.

So, can we change this request to:

Please resolve the issue where sometimes the keyboard does not appear when a text entry field is accessed in the "browser".

- and -

Please provide an on-screen button to open and close the keyboard when the nook's "browser" is in use.

keriflur

For the wifi issue people -

I created this thread specific to my wifi issue, but feel free to add to it with your own and hopefully we can all find solutions that work:

http://bit.ly/jBC247

Distinguished Correspondent
Arestelle

keriflur wrote:
I couldn't get a keyboard when trying to log in to facebook, and got one when I tried to log in to twitter.  I think the bigger issue here is that sometimes when there is a text field the keyboard does not appear and there is no way to manually bring it up.

So, can we change this request to:

Please resolve the issue where sometimes the keyboard does not appear when a text entry field is accessed in the "browser".

- and -

Please provide an on-screen button to open and close the keyboard when the nook's "browser" is in use.

Agreed! I didn't know it was more general than the Twitter linking. I definitely wished there were a button to manually bring the keyboard up.

Side-note: I am, unfortunately, impressed with the job B&N did hiding the Nook's B&N content from us. I have on multiple occasions copied the music from my iPod to my computer, so I thought B&N may have done the same thing as Apple and simply made the folder(s) with our B&N stuff "hidden." But going into the control panel and Folder Options and checking "Show hidden files & folders" didn't work on the Nook. B&N books still invisible. Bummer. :smileysad:

So add my name to the list of those who want an update to un-hide the B&N books, etc., and storage space info.

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Inspired Correspondent
Big_Dave_H

[ Edited ]

Personally, I would like to see all the social networking stuff removed from the reader. 

If I want a browser and all the social networking stuff, I'll buy a tablet.  Besides, I can already hit the social networking pages from my phone, my laptop, and my desktop. 

This little device is an eReader, not a tablet computer.  B & N should simply focus on making it the best eReader they can.  Leave the rest of the features to tablets. 

New User
Zonderstrasse
0 Kudos

Supporting of djvu. The main and the only wish. I think that djvu is very popular format. I have more than 30 gb of djvu books. 

Frequent Contributor
trisha48
0 Kudos

My wishlist isn't on the softward.

I would like to request to have the colorful backing/frames available for N2E like they had it for N1E.

I would love to have some pop of color to my N2E. :smileyhappy:

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
Solutions: 0

I don't believe the N2E opens up like the N1E did.  I could be wrong though.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Correspondent
Arestelle
0 Kudos

trisha48 wrote:

My wishlist isn't on the softward.

I would like to request to have the colorful backing/frames available for N2E like they had it for N1E.

I would love to have some pop of color to my N2E. :smileyhappy:

You could always buy a skin -- there's a thread going now about a site that's already got some available.

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Contributor
DocJustice

Another suggestion is to add PDB support.  I have a number of older eReader books and my NOOK 1st edition handled them quite well.

keriflur

Zonderstrasse wrote:

Supporting of djvu. The main and the only wish. I think that djvu is very popular format. I have more than 30 gb of djvu books. 

What is this format?  I've never heard of it.  Is this just another type of ebook or does it have a specific purpose?

Frequent Contributor
jesla
0 Kudos

Re: what is DjVu

keriflur wrote:

Zonderstrasse wrote:

What is this format?  I've never heard of it.  Is this just another type of ebook or does it have a specific purpose?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DjVu

I was wondering the same thing so I looked it up. Hope you find the link helpful.  :smileyhappy: