Contributor
jay_lofstead
0 Kudos

NC dual boot and Evernote corrupting SD card?

I think I have narrowed down why my dual boot keeps getting corrupted. It seems that the way that Evernote uses the SD card it causes the dual boot to break rendering the android installed there to not work. Has anyone else seen this or do they have a fix?

Thanks

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

Re: NC dual boot and Evernote corrupting SD card?

[ Edited ]

I would check over xda forums on the issue. As would find more info there then here.And I have a Nook Color and not the tablet.So could be differences there.

I am using evergreens dual boot CM7 and everything works fine. Installed Evernote like 3 days ago. Since have used it to create 4 notebooks and about 7 notes and 1 place.

Works like a champ and no problems for me. Your not trying to use Evernote on both sides of the device are you? B&N and CM7 each having their own Evernote could cause issues? Otherwise it's a specific to the tablet vs. method used to create the SD card?

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
jay_lofstead

I have tried to search there and found nothing. I'll have to post there.

I am trying to use Evernote on the Nook side and that seems to be the problem.

Thanks

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Away around it is to download app for B&N Side and down for CM7 side and link both to your evernote account. Should work I would think.

Also don't forget there is an Evernote extension for firefox and a desktop app so you can enter info on any evernote program and will be synced across devices.
"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Distinguished Correspondent
poiuy
0 Kudos

My first guess would be that when using Evernote on the Nook side, it uses the SD card for storage.  Since the only storage on the SD card visible to the Nook is the tiny Boot partition, I'd bet that's where it's writing.  The Nook Color Boot partition and files seem to be very robust and hard to harm, so far in my experience the Tablet Boot partition and files are a little more fragile.

Contributor
jay_lofstead
0 Kudos

It does use the SD card for storage. It is probably a space limitation causing the boot to fail. I'll have to see if I can grow that partition and still get it to boot. That'll probably fix it.

Thanks