flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980

NOOK HD Series Software Update 2.0.4

A new software update is available for NOOK HD and HD+. Go into your Settings, click on "Device Information", then tap on "Software Version" and "Check for Updates" to download the update.

The only difference I've found so far is that Ultraviolet account linking is enabled.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK HD Series Software Update 2.0.4

Being able to check manually on the HD tablets for the software update is a nice new feature....

However, has anyone actually been able to get the UV linking to work? Only one of my 12 UV videos shows up in my library, and there is still no option to play it (only shows purchased). Still having to use Flixster to access the videos.

I did notice on my UV account, it stills says "coming soon" for the option to link your  HD devices...

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Reader 4
Wing47
0 Kudos

I think the speaker volume is louder after the update.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Wing47 wrote:

I think the speaker volume is louder after the update.

In web, music player, it is. Lots of distortion when turned way up. Can now create playlists. Netflix volume is still limited.

roustabout

Pat, if you'd stop listening to that thrash metal all the time, the distortion wouldn't be so bad :smileyhappy:

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
DeanGibson
Topics: 93
Kudos: 2,294
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Nooks have speakers ?!? :smileysurprised:  Next thing you'll tell me, is they're planning to put a microphone in them! :smileywink:

It's bad enough when I visit a web site, to sometimes hear obnoxious sounds masquerading as "modern music".  Fortunately, my PC's "media keyboard" (another oxymoron) has an instant mute button.

Seriously, I'm glad my e-Ink Nooks seem to be able to perform normal tasks without a whimper.

Nooks: 2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted;
    2 HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

DeanGibson wrote:

The Nooks have speakers ?!? :smileysurprised:  Next thing you'll tell me, is they're planning to put a microphone in them! :smileywink:

It's bad enough when I visit a web site, to sometimes hear obnoxious sounds masquerading as "modern music".  Fortunately, my PC's "media keyboard" (another oxymoron) has an instant mute button.

Seriously, I'm glad my e-Ink Nooks seem to be able to perform normal tasks without a whimper.

AMEN!

patgolfneb
0 Kudos

roustabout wrote:

Pat, if you'd stop listening to that thrash metal all the time, the distortion wouldn't be so bad :smileyhappy:

Thrash metal? How could I tell it was distortion? Might be an improvement?:smileytongue:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

laurieb52 wrote:

Being able to check manually on the HD tablets for the software update is a nice new feature....

However, has anyone actually been able to get the UV linking to work? Only one of my 12 UV videos shows up in my library, and there is still no option to play it (only shows purchased). Still having to use Flixster to access the videos.

I did notice on my UV account, it stills says "coming soon" for the option to link your  HD devices...

UV has had that notice there for months.

I think this entire UV thing is a great idea, but there are so many fingers in the pot that it's difficult to get things done.  You have the Ultraviolet service, each individual studio, and BN trying to get things all in line together to make things work.

It reminds me very much of dealing with my local phone company for internet access setup at my house when I moved in.  I counted no fewer than 4 different companies involved with different parts of the process which made it long and painful to get setup.  But once done it's been reliable.

I can only hope that will be the case here with UV.