yio
Contributor
yio
0 Kudos

NOOK HDTV Adapter Kit - Anybody using this yet? Is it any good? Post your experience.

I looked in the manual on page 46 and all it says is that you can connect your nook to an HDMI compliant t.v. using the optional NOOK HDTV Adapter Kit.  You can stream nook Video content from your Nook to it.

And that's it!!!

So does it just do a screen shot of what is on your Nook?  Or can you format it so it fills the screen?  Any settings that you can change.  Is there anyu menu on the nook that you use with the Adapter?  Is the quality o.k.?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK HDTV Adapter Kit - Anybody using this yet? Is it any good? Post your experience.

yio, it's not available yet.

On another thread someone mentioned they saw it in a B&N store and it was great.

I don't understand your screenshot question.

When you connect it to your TV it'll show you whatever is on your Nook screen on your TV in High Definition.

If you have a High Definition TV then I would assume it fills the screen.

New User
cattledogit
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK HDTV Adapter Kit - Anybody using this yet? Is it any good? Post your experience.

See the reviews at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/reviews/HDTV-Adapter-Kit-for-NOOK-HD-and-NOOK-HD/25468037?ean=97805944... .

It works well for 1080p and 720p videos such as Google Play vidoes and 720p youtube vidoes. 480p youtube vidoes, web browsers, and powerpoint presentations lose resolution on the TV as compared to the Nook screen. A fix to allow setting the resolution is expected in the next system software release according the the support rep I spoke with today. Release is probably by the end of 2013.

Frequent Contributor
eaglewomanEP
0 Kudos

I use mine all the time with getting movies from Crackle. Have no problems with the cord and do not have to take HD+ out of case to use the adapter.