Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Video app now on iOS, Android, Roku

pinnacle7 wrote:
Maybe google chromecast.I heard good things about it order one just have not received it yet.
Thanks. Hadn't thought of that. Still, another Google intrusion into my life?? LOL :smileysurprised:
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

I almost bought a Chromecast because it's a fantastic piece of tech, but I ran out of HDMI ports on my television a year ago already. So for now it's in my wishlist.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

Schwa wrote:

The Nook Color will support SD only.  The Nook Tablet supports HD (a 720p stream) but scales it down to fit the screen resolution.  Not true HD, but still a better picture than 480p. 

Thanks for the info. I have a 4.3" Android player that I'm going to try the Nook Video out on, and its good to know that my Nook Color will be able to play the same videos.

Though now I am under increasing pressure to upgrade my Roku, since this makes a second means of watching Ultraviolet on Roku that does not work with my older Roku.

Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Random, but both my iOS and Nook Color pulled up my UV Library out of nowhere today. HD+ still pretending that they don't exist. Tried unlinking accounts, rebooting my HD+, relinking, etc. but no luck. Oh well, they started working, so maybe some day soon my HD+ will kick back into gear. Would love to download some of my movies in HD again.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Update: Well, my HD+ still hasn't pulled up my UV Collection, but there's a new wrinkle. I got my ebook settlement, and bought a nook video (Mama) through B&N's site. It showed up in vudu, it shows up on my nook color, it shows up in nook iOS App... it does not show up on my HD+. It would appear that the only movies that are pulled up on my HD+ are movies purchased through the built in Shop on the home screen. Gonna head up to B&N in a bit to see if they are able to figure it out.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Inspired Bibliophile
Schwa
0 Kudos

MrBanballow wrote:

Update: Well, my HD+ still hasn't pulled up my UV Collection, but there's a new wrinkle. I got my ebook settlement, and bought a nook video (Mama) through B&N's site. It showed up in vudu, it shows up on my nook color, it shows up in nook iOS App... it does not show up on my HD+. It would appear that the only movies that are pulled up on my HD+ are movies purchased through the built in Shop on the home screen. Gonna head up to B&N in a bit to see if they are able to figure it out.

If you purchased it through the site, it may be unchecked in the profile editor on your HD+ by default.