Correspondent
FulltimeRVer
0 Kudos

NOOK for Android

I see that the official release is now in the Google Play Store.  I have been using beta versions for some time now, and really appreciate it.  Any time I have a few minutes to kill, I can read the same books that I have on my NOOK (except public library books), without having the NOOK with me.

Dave
Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK for Android

Love that with the latest update they added support for NOOK comics to the app. Of course, this means I will probably spend more money ...

Inspired Contributor
ilenekm
0 Kudos

FulltimeRVer wrote:

I see that the official release is now in the Google Play Store.  I have been using beta versions for some time now, and really appreciate it.  Any time I have a few minutes to kill, I can read the same books that I have on my NOOK (except public library books), without having the NOOK with me.

You can get Overdrive Media Console on your andriod for your library books.  Unfortunately, it doesnt sync pages like NOOK sometimes does

Correspondent
FulltimeRVer
0 Kudos

I have been using Overdrive on my Droids since I got my first NOOK.  Since almost all of my reading is library books, I have spent many hours with that app.  The NOOK for Android app fills that space in the rest of my reading--public domain EPUB books.

I'm cheap.  In the last two years I have had three NOOKs, read hundreds of books, and purchased a total of one!

Dave