Reader
BreanneB
0 Kudos

NOOK in Canada

I was told by three separate representatives that 'YES! Canadians have access to the B&E online store!' Not 100% access, but access. 

What they all failed to tell me? The books I have access to= somewhere around 1 000 titles and no apps what so ever. This is a complete contradiction to what I was told in the store & over the phone. 

I have never been so disappointed with a purchase before, or with customer representatives. I spent months researching which table to purchase for school. This one seemed perfect. Affordable, port for external memory, and convenient! 

After speaking with the the customer representatives (two on the phone and one in the store), reading countless reviews online, they all assured me and I have confidence in the product.

I hope this helps someone in Canada wishing to buy a Nook Tablet. Don't do it. It isn't worth the frustration.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK in Canada

@BreanneB

I have sent you a Private Message (the small white envelope on top of the page).

New User
thestainers
0 Kudos

Hey there,

This seems like my exact story.  Thought I did a ton of due diligence here only to find out that everything I was reading seems wrong.   Bought it as a gift for my wife and she can't seem to access any of the apps (except for Netflix) without a US CC and Mailing address.

If there are any work around for this I would love to know, but at this point I can't recommend this product to anyone in Canada.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

@thestainers

I have sent you a private message (the small white envelope on top of the page).

Contributor
gabe36
0 Kudos

Have had a Nook Color since Dec. 2010 and purchased the tablet in Jan.  I live in southern British Columbia and have never had a problem with BN.  Customer service has always been great.  The one difference may be in the fact that I have a P.O box in Wash.  Don`t use this box much but it could make a difference.  Living in a condo with limited space the Nook has been great for books, apps and magazines.  Not into videos or music (have other divices for that) but would dearly love to download Amazon books if anyone has advice it would sure be welcome.  Have a sd card that I haven`t used yet.

So sorry you are having trouble because the Nook is a great tab and travels well.

Correspondent
Nancy_BC
0 Kudos

HI gabe36,

I too have a mailbox in Washington and live in BC. I'm sure that is part of being able to purchase anything from BN. I have a US CC as well- but- I believe Canadians can buy a gift card and use that to purchase.

THere have been other posts about this problem so I'd suggest that Canadians do a search on this forum and the Nook Color one to verify that a gift card will work in lieu of a US CC.

I hope BN will rectify this as they are missing out on a great market.

Contributor
gabe36
0 Kudos

Nancy I have only a cdn. cc.  Family have given me bn. gift cards which I post to my acct. and have never had a problem.  So sorry our friends are having problems.  Perhaps a visit to a BN. store will help clear things up for them.