Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKcolor Things you Should Know (inspired by Doug_Pardee)

PepSnickerMint wrote:

[...] Also, this is more Calibre related - but does anybody know how to save a copy of all my books loaded in Calibre on my hard drive somewhere? Do I have to save them all individually? 

I realized I know the answer to this. Yes, you can. If you select any (or all) book in Calibre, you can save them to a disk location. Select one or more titles in Calibre, then right-click on one of them. You should see a "Save to disk" option. There, you have a variety of options, including saving only a single format to the selected directory, and whether to save all files to a single directory.

I use this to sideload files to devices that Calibre doesn't support directly, including via network drive mappings.

New User
-Meshellee-
0 Kudos

What if you do not have the option for "my files" under your library? How can you get to the documents on your MicroSD card?

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Do you see a "Computer" option? If so, you should be able to open that and navigate to your uSD card. (Sorry, I don't have Calibre on Windows to check details.)

New User
-Meshellee-
0 Kudos

The only option I have is Got to my documents and there is not anything listed under that option.

Wordsmith
JinSC

Meshellee

1) press "n"

2)Select "Library"

3) look for and press "My stuff"

4) "My Files" is second on the list

Peace,

Jeremy

Reader 4
RedReaderKCMO
0 Kudos

How do I move books from the B&N folder (it's almost full) to the sd card. Do I just hi-lite and move or is there something else that needs to be done? Michel

Reader
NerdyGirl49
0 Kudos

I think my nc is broken. I tried installing the android tablet on my nook and after it said " Do Not Turn Off Divice Installing Updates," it turned off. I can't get it to respond or turn on. Can anyone help me?

Correspondent
Wulfraed

RedReaderKCMO wrote:

How do I move books from the B&N folder (it's almost full) to the sd card. Do I just hi-lite and move or is there something else that needs to be done? Michel

The only device that gave direct access to the B&N purchased books was the First Edition.

For all the others you'll have to install the computer reading application, download all the books to the computer, then archive selected books on the Nook. Last, connect via USB and drag/drop the downloaded copies to the SD card.

Baron Wulfraed