Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix on nook color? new app available since yesterday

Nurse318 wrote:

has anyone tried this on the nook color yet? it is available for 2.99 on the b and N site

From the one written review I wouldn't purchase that app.  Doesn't look like it's an app at all, just a document probably telling you how to root.

New User
Nurse318

Re: Netflix on nook color? new app available since yesterday

thanks I appreciate your answer I think you are correct. I am afraid to do anything to my nook like

root it . But I do see some posts about an SD card  that can  be purchased .. where can I get one  and how much is it? I might be interested in that, as it is not a permanent change to the nook color.

New User
Nurse318
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix on nook color?

so you just purchased an sd card and put it in and it workssss? made NO changes to the nook? whre can you get one of these sd cards ? thaks

Contributor
bmhanson
0 Kudos

Nurse318 wrote:

so you just purchased an sd card and put it in and it workssss? made NO changes to the nook? whre can you get one of these sd cards ? thaks

You might have better luck asking in the Nook Color forum.  I am assuming you are asking about booting from the SD card for the Nook Color to act as a tablet without having to change the nook itself.  I will say that no it is not as easy as buying a SD card.  You have to buy the card and then put the image on it, etc.  It is easy in the fact that once that is done you just power off the nook and put the sd card in.  It will boot from it just fine.  Then to revert power off and take out the card.

I actually still have the 4GB micro SDHC card lying around from when my wife was tryign out the nook and I playted with it before she returned it.  I just have not wiped it yet. 

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for violation of our Community Guidelines.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4

[ Edited ]

Why, thank you.  How kind of you to take the time to berate me for a post I made three months ago.  Just joined this morning and you're alread an expert on how many members here have which devices and where the best place to get answers is.  How nice for you.

I am one of the people who has all three devices.  If you think it's rude to direct people to the right forum so they actually get answers to their questions, you have issues.  You're the only one who was nasty in this thread.

You have been reported.

New User
ja821
0 Kudos

Re: Nettling on nook color?

avaicesk26 wrote:
Does anyone know if netflix works on the nook color to watch movies?

When I bought my Nook Color (Sept 2011) I was told that through the app you can only list movies in your Netflix queue but they hoped by the end of the year Netflix will be available to watch movies on the Nook Color,and it should be on the same Nook I wouldn't have to purchase another Nook to watch.

New User
minamu
0 Kudos

Yes, Netflix is now available for Nook Color!!!!!!

You either wait a week for the automatic update of the software or download version 1.4 from BN.com!!!

New User
isfred
0 Kudos

Thank you! 

Made the upgrade on my NOOK Color to 1.4 last night & started streaming Netflix about 20 minutes later -- Very happy, so thanks for information.

New User
anna32
0 Kudos

I just got the update and when i go to the browser and go to netflix its not letting me watch anything? Is there any special way to get it to work other than going to netflix.com and picking something?

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

anna32 wrote:

I just got the update and when i go to the browser and go to netflix its not letting me watch anything? Is there any special way to get it to work other than going to netflix.com and picking something?

You must download the netflix app, (it is free) from the B&N app store. You watch netflix through the app. You get a 30 day free trial I believe.   Worth it, it works great, fast and picture is crisp.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

New User
msammons
0 Kudos

Hi, I just got a Nook Color and cannot find any netflix app on the bn app store on the nook. How do I get it?

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

msammons wrote:

Hi, I just got a Nook Color and cannot find any netflix app on the bn app store on the nook. How do I get it?

Here it is

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/netflix-netflix-inc/1107919899?ean=2940043872739&itm=1&usri=netflix+...

Contributor
murzma
0 Kudos

yes it works on the nook color I have added it to mine and use it frequently.