Distinguished Correspondent
bestem
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Books BOGO, Kudos to local B&N

Thanks, that's good to hear.  I'm sure it'll be easier to convince my brother to do this for me if he occasionally gets something out of it  =)

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you could just find someone interested in one of the books. Then you just split it. So you both pay half price.

So it's either BOGO or Pay Half if you find someone who also likes one of the books.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger

Here's the final segment of my BOGO experience :smileylol: . . .

After a call to customer support and several exchanged calls with my local store, I received an email with an access code to the "free" book (the more expensive one!), 23 hours after I made the purchase. 

Fifteen (15) hours later, I had still not received an access code for the "purchased" book.    I called my local store again, just to make sure they were aware of my situation.  (I was sure this would all get worked out!) 

Several hours later, I received three emails with new, different access codes--all for the "free" book which I had already placed into my library and downloaded onto my NOOKs.

The next morning (yesterday), I went back to my local B&N and thanked them for their patience and help in this situation.  Then I showed them my receipt and the 4 emails with different access code for the same book. They scratched their heads, laughed and said they'd call customer service and then call me when they got this straightened out.

About 4 hours later, my local B&N called with an access code for the "purchased" book.  Because I couldn't write it down at that exact moment, they emailed me with the code.

I now have both books in my library and am looking forward to seeing this week's list!

Reader 2
booksrmysanity
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Books BOGO

How does one know what books are available each week?  I would like to research them before I go to B&N.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Click on the Nook menu, look for Special Deals on the menu, click on that and you'll see a link to th PDF file with the 20 books for the weekend.

Contributor
Enigma75
0 Kudos

Does Special Deals only show up when you're in the physical store?  I tried looking for it just now while at home and I don't see anything.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I, too, had trouble finding the weekly BOGO after that first week when I just "happened upon it."  I finally found it under Stores & Events.  On Saturdays and Sundays, it has been one of the rolling banner ads at the top of the Stores & Events screen.  I simply click on it when it appears.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-barnes-and-noble-ebook-gift-offer/379003852

That link -should- take you to the offer.

How I got there:

1) go to BN.com

2) place your cursor (mouse) over 'Nook', it should be right after 'books' 'nook books' in the bit right under the search field.  This should cause a pop up of sorts under your mouse.

3) On that pop up, there are three catagories, Nook HD, Nook Simpletouch, and Nook Store.  Under the Nook Store, near the bottom, is 'Special Offers'.  Click on that.

Right now you should have a screen with three offers on it, one being the current fathers day sale on the HD/+, the next is the free lyra light and screen protector when you purchase a NST, and finally the BOGO offer. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
keriflur

This is a great example of what B&N does wrong with specials - if you're going to have a special, tell people about it, make it easy to access, and have a plan in place for how it will work when the customer shows up in the store.

B&N has a bad habit of complete disorganization when running specials.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

This is a great example of what B&N does wrong with specials - if you're going to have a special, tell people about it, make it easy to access, and have a plan in place for how it will work when the customer shows up in the store.

B&N has a bad habit of complete disorganization when running specials.

Yeah, it's almost like whoever is running the website has made it their personal goal of making things as hard to find as possible.  Double Agent?  Things that you are promoting should be the EASIEST thing to find.  Things that answer questions, like this forum, should be pretty easy to find.  The fact that they are among the hardest things to find on the site makes me worry about the viability of this company.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

I just tell people to google book clubs barnes and noble, since tracking down the forums through the website is in comparison a lot harder.

Wordsmith
Tim40744
0 Kudos

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

I just tell people to google book clubs barnes and noble, since tracking down the forums through the website is in comparison a lot harder.

I may be remembering incorrectly but it seemed like it was a lot easier to find the forums three years ago. If I'm on a tablet or browser where I don't have the forums bookmarked, the only way I can easily browse there is to click on the Nook page, scroll to the bottom of the page to Nook blog, read latest, then click to "browse book clubs" from there. That's the most straightforward way I know to get to the forums.

Mercury_Glitch

The forums, best kept secret of B&N support.  Because you can actually get support here.

Wordsmith
Tim40744

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

The forums, best kept secret of B&N support.  Because you can actually get support here.

Any question that that can be answered for free in the forums will likely avoid a call to CS which costs BN money to answer. If I were them, I'd have the link prominently displayed next to the words "Got a Nook question? Search here FIRST." Why they don't? I guess it's one of those mysteries I just wasn't meant to know the answer to. :smileyindifferent:

Reader 4
EEis4Me
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!  I couldn't find it for the life of me, thanks again!!

Retro 51 Pens "Life's too short for an ugly pen"
Frequent Contributor
rfortson
0 Kudos

Kudos to the OP.  I took advantage of this yesterday and got two books.  Great deal, and it will most likely get me into the store more often.

Inspired Contributor
lotsahelp
0 Kudos

Thanks all. I have done this a couple of times but i was also looking for way to check without driving to store.
New User
Kristi44
0 Kudos

I am also frustrated at having to go into the store every weekend to see what books are offered.  I live quite a distance from our closest Barnes and Noble and that is why I purchased the Nook.  Our entire family each have their own.  I bought it because of the convenience and now I find that I have to go into the store, which is quite a while away and hope that have a book that I would purchase.  They have it so you can't see the list so that if you find one that you would purchase I would then drive in.  I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that they don't make it easy on us, those that have made the purchase of the Nook.

Very disappointed on the Nook Support.  Forcing one to go into the store in hope that the book you want in on the list.  Barnes and Noble should consider those who live a distance from their store, but chose the Nook over the e-reader.  Wouldn't spend the money for the Nook, knowing the difficulty that it takes to get a book.

keriflur

Kristi44 wrote:

I am also frustrated at having to go into the store every weekend to see what books are offered.  I live quite a distance from our closest Barnes and Noble and that is why I purchased the Nook.  Our entire family each have their own.  I bought it because of the convenience and now I find that I have to go into the store, which is quite a while away and hope that have a book that I would purchase.  They have it so you can't see the list so that if you find one that you would purchase I would then drive in.  I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that they don't make it easy on us, those that have made the purchase of the Nook.

Very disappointed on the Nook Support.  Forcing one to go into the store in hope that the book you want in on the list.  Barnes and Noble should consider those who live a distance from their store, but chose the Nook over the e-reader.  Wouldn't spend the money for the Nook, knowing the difficulty that it takes to get a book.

You don't have to go into the store to find out what books are on BOGO - MG posted this link just a few posts above this one.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-barnes-and-noble-ebook-gift-offer/379003852

Maybe you could have read the thread before posting your rant?

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram

I'm really not understanding that rant.

Their Nooks work as advertised without ever having to go into a brick and mortar B&N.  There are also many, many places where you can get free ebooks online.

Is the complaint that B&N is trying to drive some traffic into their brick and mortar stores with the Nooks?