Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

Re: Nook Books BOGO

The complaint was that they (incorrectly) thought they HAD to go to a B&N store to see the list of books, despite the many posts of how to see the list.  One of which was mine, and I not only gave a link to the offer, but also detailed how to get to the offer. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

The complaint was that they (incorrectly) thought they HAD to go to a B&N store to see the list of books, despite the many posts of how to see the list.   

Right, but an even bigger question is why would it be such an issue if they HAD to go to the store to see the list of books; is it really a terrible thing for a retailer to offer a promotion that isn't convenient to every.single.consumer they serve?  Aren't all promotions probably inconvenient to someone?  Certainly a sale on NOOKBooks is inconvenient (or at least not convenient) for those who read paper books and don't own any sort of ereader.

Under what situation is B&N's choice to offer a promotion requiring customers to be in-store worth a rant?  

That is what, I think, sygram was referring to.  The entitlement that "That sale isn't perfect for me, so they shouldn't structure it that way!!!!"

Frequent Contributor
eaglewomanEP

I agree with YAYA. If Sears Or Penneys or anyone else has a sale and I want to take advantage of it I have to make a trip to the store. I see no way how any company can please everyone, and wonder why they think B&N should be different.The thing I like most about my NOOK is that I can shop from home, but if they had something on sale I really wanted I would make the trip to the store.