New User
Retired_EE
0 Kudos

Nook Color OMAP 3630 driver for Windows 7 64bit failed to install

Just got the Nook Color. Could not load the OMAP3630 driver for Windows 7 64bit.  WHY?

Does Texas Instrument ARM processor require this to display graphics? 

Is OMAP 3630 needed when NC goes to Android 2.2?

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color OMAP 3630 driver for Windows 7 64bit failed to install

@Retired,

Where are you trying to load a driver? You don't load additional software or drivers on the NC. Basically, the only time you even connect the NC to a computer is to sideload:

•  music, movies and personal pdf's or word docs
  • ebooks from a source other than B&N.
  • NC updates (if you don't want to wait for the update to be automatically installed)

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

I'm using Windows 7 x64 . . . I just "plugged and played".

All you need your system to do is recognize the NC as a removable storage device. This should happen automatcally.

You can then copy & paste files within the NC with almost no issues. Once in a while the cover art doesn't update after I add and/or remove files, or move files around and eject.

Nothing that a reboot didn't fix.  

Nook Color Wallpapers
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color OMAP 3630 driver for Windows 7 64bit failed to installt

OP is a double E, no plug and play.
New User
Retired_EE
0 Kudos

The first time I connected the NC to my PC, Windows 7 64 bit installed drivers to communicate to the NC.  Windows 7 64bit failed to load the OMAP3630 driver to support the NC connection.

Since Windows 7 failed to load the OMAP3630 driver, I was wondering why it failed.

I did upgrade to NC 1.1.0

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Nope something specific to your windows setup.

As using 64bit Win 7 myself and never had a problem.

Even when the nook updated to 1.1.0 acting normally.

I would take a look at my Device manger and see if there is a usb entry for the nook.

Then uninstall it and reboot then hook up again to see what happens.

Or even uninstall the usb all together and let windows reinstall the drivers if above doesn't work.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh right . . .

"What he said" above^^^^^^

Nook Color Wallpapers
New User
psvt100
0 Kudos

Not to wake up an old thread....but I am having the same problem with my NC, but on a Windows Vista.  This is the first time I've tried to hook the NC up to the computer, because I was able to do everything wirelessly before. But, when I do, the OS looks for drivers, tells me the NC is installed, but also says it could not find the drivers to use it.  When I open Device Manager, I can see the NC is installed, but it has an error message that says it couldn't find the driver and to try to reinstall it...

I've tried rebooting the NC, rebooting the computer with the NC unplugged from it, and my battery life is fine.  Any ideas before I just toss the whole computer out the window?? I just wanna see this Angrey Birds thing!!! :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

You may want to set your User Account Control to Never Notify (win 7).  Although 'not recommended', User Account Control may be preventing you from connecting your NookColor with Vista or Win 7.

You change the settings by:

Control Panel

User Accounts

Change User Account Control Settings.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Reader 4
NookNookMan
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem with windows 7 64bit. I was plugging my nc into the front usb ports. I switched to a back port and error messages went away. My guess is that my front ports are underpowered causing communication problems with nc. Anyway, It worked for me, maybe it'll work for you.
New User
kcherrix
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem with Win7 64-bit on a brand new Nook Color, OPAM3630 failed to load and it is NOT showing up as an additional storage device.  My computer can't see it.  If it's unique to our windows setup, there seems to be a lot of us with the same setup.

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Be sure your nook is unlocked after you connect it.  Sometimes win7 remembers what port it saw a device on, and insists the device be back on that port.  This turned into ugliness for me a bit back, as I use a KVM at the house and had reconnected to feed for keyboard and mouse to a different USB port.

The BIOS knew that it had a viable keyboard, and responded to commands.  Win7 did not, and refused to take input from the keyboard.  After a few iterations of trying to fix it by reinstalling drivers, I gave up and put the KVM feed back where it'd started. 

I've only seen the OMAP driver issue be visible with windows when I've been doing odd things with ADB (android debugging toolkit.) 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
Sowy
0 Kudos

orb9220, reading through the thread, your thought to plug in & see if it was listed in device manager, uninstall it, reboot & try again, worked. I had uninstalled all my usb drivers but didn't think to try doing it to the nook. When I plugged it in it installed whatever drivers it needed and my simple touch now goes into usb mode. THANK YOU!! I've spent probably 20 hours searching online and signed up for multiple question/answer sites.