Contributor
Monkeytailz
0 Kudos

Nook Comics

So, it was my understanding that the last update (the one I didn't want and was forced to get) was going to include Nook Comics? I have just attempted to purchase and download a Nook Comic and nothing is happening. I have emailed support 3 times now and keep getting canned responses that have nothing to do with the issue I'm having. The comic is stuck on download and never gets any further.

First they told me archive the comic and then unarchive it. Uh, I can't download it. If I can't download, how can I archive?!?

I emailed again, explained the problem again. The next response told me to "unregister" my Nook and reregister it. There is no "unregister" option on the Nook Tablet. There is "Erase and Deregister" which will do just that...erase everything I've put on it. Not going to do that.

Meanwhile, I made this purchase almost 24 hours ago and it's stuck on download.

Any suggestions? Should I be seeing some kind of Comic App on my Nook (I'm not)?

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Comics

Have you attempted to archive the comic using your computer rather than the NT?

Contributor
Monkeytailz
0 Kudos

Perhaps I'm not explaining this right...I can't archive something that I can't download. It's just stuck on download...still...2 days later. When I try to download using my computer, from my BN account, the system tells me that item cannot be downloaded to a computer.

Contributor
Monkeytailz
0 Kudos

Oh, just to clarify, this is the Comic:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dr-horrible-zack-whedon/1108895947

I paid over $7 for it and I would like to read it!

Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

First thing i would do is check my payment settings on your account just to make sure there are no errors with the credit card. Yes, everyone says they are up to date until they check. If that combined with redownloading doesn't work, then deregistering may be your only option which really isn't a big deal unless you have a lot of pictures/music on your nook. You don't lose your books, they all redownload. No cost.
Contributor
Monkeytailz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Payment settings are up to date and the 3rd, still not addressing the issue, response from BN was that their records show the product as downloaded. Meanwhile, it's still stuck in downloading mode. I don't want to erase everything. Again, I have downloaded stuff right before and AFTER this purchase, so my payment method is fine, downloading is fine....all except this one comic.

I am wondering if it is the actual type of file...the Nook Comic. I keep reading that the last update included support for Nook Comics, yet I find no app or anything related to Comics on my Nook (is it supposed to be a separate app or just support for the Comic file type?) and this Comic won't download.

Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

Its not an app, just supports the file type. Cbr files are supported too if you sideload them. If your software version is 1.4 on your nook, thats when they added nook comic support. Again, i've seen this before, sorry you are going to have to either "erase" and deregister and get a fresh download (takes like 5minutes total) or forever have a comic you can't read that you payed for. Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, thats just really all you can do. I wish you luck.