Reader
iTreasureMe
0 Kudos

Nook Friends Application

I searched yet I could not find an answer to this question. I have been adding people via there email to my nook friends app. They say that they cannot see my requests and when I request them, they aren't getting anything. Is this a glitch with the app or my Nook. What do I need to do?

New User
mrs_bd
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Friends Application

My mom and I both are having this same issue so at least we know it isn't an issue with our nooks.  Hopefully, B&N can resolve this quickly.  We have sent several requests to each other and they are not showing up in email or on our nooks.

Good luck!!

Reader
iTreasureMe
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your response. As the hours have past people are now able to see and accept my request however I still cannot accept theirs. I figure its new so with time (a week or so) it should be fixed. Until then :smileyhappy:

Reader
Yareth78
0 Kudos

I just tried sending a few myself. I dont see them either. May be a glitch....they have been having issues with this new update all week. I suggest you go to the facebook page "nook".....lots of complaints there about the new update.
Avid Reader
Reader 4
niccira
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My husband and I are having the same problem with ours.  This is a new app, but you would think they would work out the kinks before they release it.  I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon enough. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Lblaze
0 Kudos

I am also having the same problem..I can't see any of my NookFriends that I had before the most recent update. We have all tried adding eachother again but it doesn't seem to be working. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Contributor
Hope42Day
0 Kudos

Glad to know I am not alone.  After over an hour on the phone with customer service yesterday they did not resolve the issue with my nook friends app.  They do encourage anyone having problems to call in and let them know.  The person I spoke with said they were not aware of anyone else having a problem with the app.  So help us all by calling them if your Nook Friends app is not working; she said they want to hear from us!  In the mean time it is beta so we sit and wait for the glitches to be fixed instead of them allowing us to keep the lend me feature we previous had that worked great!

Love my NC but don't like dealing with tech/customer service:smileysad:

Reader
SharenLeigh
0 Kudos

Same problem with me and my husband, my 2 sisters, and my best friend.  Glad to know I'm not alone--again.  Grrrrr.  Anybody figured it out yet or do we just have to wait for another update?  I finally solved my sudden WiFi problem without C/S (thanks to the boards), and now my Friends beta shows more than it used to, but do you just wait and all of the sudden it works correctly?

Reader 2
NLGH
0 Kudos

Has not worked for me at all. Not happy with this app.
Reader
mightybrit1
0 Kudos

I am also having this problem. I had three friends on my nook before the release of the nook friends app, and now I have none. I called customer support and they acknowledged the issue and said they couldn't do anything at the moment. The nook friends app is a great idea, and I hope they can get it to work. I also hope they integrate it with other social apps such as facebook and twitter. They should probably release an actual working app first, instead of teasing me with one that does not work at all.
Inspired Contributor
asnow4sure
0 Kudos

Same here......

My friend called after we got the upgrade when it first came out and they said that it would be fixed within the week. Still not working. I just called Customer Service and I could barely understand the guy and he acted like this was a problem they had not ever had. Just kept telling me to turn it off and back on. I finally just quit.

Under friends tab on the Beta Nook Friends app it says:

"......As long as your friend has a BN.com account, you can connect with others....."

Of course they have an account or they couldn't download books, but I'm wondering if this means they must be set up on My B&N????

New User
MrsMoDavis
0 Kudos

I see that many have experienced problems with nook friends.  Just wondering if this issue has been resolved or if anyone has found a work around.

New User
Mrs_AngelVH
0 Kudos

I don't think the issue is fixed because me and my mom are having the same problem with the app.  I contacted B&N about it and they said due to the app being Beta they are still working with the app to make it perfect.

Reader
IrishNH
0 Kudos

I don't believe it is fixed. I have been trying to request friends for two weeks ..Still nothing. Hopefully they will have it working soon.

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

It is not fixed yet.  According to SLevine, a fix is in "the pipeline".  I assume that means a fix will be included in the next patch, but no specifics on when that patch will be "pushed" to our devices.

New User
Shidah
0 Kudos

Thank you for the update!  My mother and I have been having the same issue, for some reason she is not able to add any friends.

Contributor
Sofia_NW
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I sent request but my BFF doesn't receives them and vice versa. I just got off the bn.com chat and they were no help at all.

Reader
Khailyn
0 Kudos

I am still having the same problem.  My mom and I added each other-I sent her a request months ago, she just sent me one a couple of weeks ago- I received her request and approved it but she isn't receiving my requests.  I show up on her friends list but she doesn't show up on mine.  What is going on with this????

New User
luv2readinnj
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I have sent emails to 3 friends and they are unable to accept.  Also tried to lend a book to one of them and they cannot download it.  I am new to Nook so any advice would be helpful.  Thx.

New User
1951DB
0 Kudos

My sister and I are trying to become friends on our Nooks so we can share books.  She sent the request to be friends to me I accepted it but was routed to B&N saying I wasn't signed into my B&N account.  I signed in and nothing happened.  Can you tell me what we need to do?