Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD & Nook HD+ Questions & Answers Thread - Unofficial Official Thread

The reply is working on my hd+ without any problems.  I with all the problems I am hearng about one wonders is there are lot of glitches in this os. But not everyone is having these problems.

Everyone says that they are listening but, no one remembers what was said.
Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

Sandan53 wrote:

The reply is working on my hd+ without any problems.  I with all the problems I am hearng about one wonders is there are lot of glitches in this os. But not everyone is having these problems.

The reply function is also working on my HD+ but the quote option seems to be missing on the HD+ plus but available on the PC - has this always been the case witht the NC/NT (I don't remember trying to reply on my NC)?

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

Swamprat wrote:

Sandan53 wrote:

The reply function is also working on my HD+ but the quote option seems to be missing on the HD+ plus but available on the PC - has this always been the case with the NC/NT (I don't remember trying to reply on my NC)?

If the browser setting for desktop view is selected the quote function works.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

Dosen't seem to work withDolphin set to desktop - any suggestions?
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Swamprat wrote:

I just did this with the Nook hd+ using the default browser. Everything works even spell check and preview.

Reader
mutum
0 Kudos

anyone know how to access the sd card?

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

Sandan53 wrote:

Swamprat wrote:

I just did this with the Nook hd+ using the default browser. Everything works even spell check and preview.

Just tried the default browser on my HD+ and found that the quote feature works, but also found that I was uable to move the cursor back into the text to correct typos, The response then froze up before I could use the spell check option and I was unable to post my original response (now using my PC.)

I will have to give the default browser another look but would also be interested in advice on how to make the Dolphin browser work for quoting in responses.

Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat

mutum wrote:

anyone know how to access the sd card?

You should be able to access the SD card by pressing the home (nook) button then choosing "library" then "My Files" - you should then see buttons at the top of the page for "Device" and "SD Card" - press SD card and you should see a directory of folders on the card.

The free "Open Explorer" app available in the Nook apps store can also directly address the SD card and provides more file manipulation options that the library.

Both the QuickOffice Pro and OfficeSuite apps offer file managers, however it appears that they do not offer access to the SD card at this time - possibly in an update.

Hope this helps!

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Open explorer is a remarkably useful little tool and i am glad to see it in the shop. Thank you for pointing it out -- yesterday i looked for variations on file and manager and it was not showing in searches nor as a utility app.....
"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

With Dolphin browser to add a message there are no controls. Rich text that is it, very basic.
New User
tdclean
0 Kudos

HELP!  I have my Nook HD+ and Scrabble is not available. This is a problem.  Has anyone heard when or if this will be fixed.  Its something I wont be able to get past.......might have to return it.  The app selection is already pitifully small but I was willing to look past that......but not the lack of Scrabble too!  It works great on my Nook color.

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

tdclean, This is the response I received when asking about Scrabble for the HD+: Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. We want to get you an effective resolution so we are going to escalate this issue to higher department. Our senior team is well equipped to handle such issues and I’m confident we’ll solve the issue and suggest alternatives. You may still update your case with additional information that might help us to resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Please be assured that your concern is our priority. Sincerely, Satyam Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience So as you can see, no real answer but they mightbe working on it :smileywink:
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Michael, TDClean, what I wrote in the other thread

EA put out a Press Release touting the release of two EA Apps (including Bejeweled 2) for Nook and mentioning that in future they would release their other apps too.

Here, I even found it for you -

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/14/ea-games-for-barnes-and-noble-nook-hds/

http://www.technobuffalo.com/mobile-devices/tablets/ea-now-bringing-games-to-nook-tablets-starting-w...

'Promised to deliver another 4 titles over the holiday season'.

Oh, no Scrabble this year.

Those are Real Racing 2 — one of the best racing games on mobile, in my opinion; Tetris, Monopoly, and The Game of Life

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, 5ivedom! That's good news. I'm looking forward to Real Racing 2, though by the time it comes out, RR3 will likely be out. Bummed about Scrabble but if I sideload it, I can have a half screen yet functional version of the game while I wait. I already have Tetris, Monopoly, and Life on my HD+ and they run great. Funny how that works!
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Really!

That's very interesting that you have the other games working already.

Reader 2
Nana0730
0 Kudos

Help!I got the hdmi adapter for my nook hd+.When I plug it into the tv the netflix colors are messed up for EVERYTHING!
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with Netflix. On everything else the color works fine.
Reader 4
lewc
0 Kudos

Is there a device/cloud view for books on the Nook HD+? I have a HD+ and my books view always shows all the books in my library (1000+). I would like the option to show only the books I have downloaded from the cloud. This is available on my Kindle but I can't find it on the Nook. I guess a workaround would be to use the archive feature but I do not see an easy way to move all my books to the archive.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

I already submitted that feedback, but I'll do so again to make sure they're listening.

Frequent Contributor
RobertCNJ
0 Kudos

Contemplating buying the Nook HD +.  I feel it has good specs, size & weight are quite satisfactory and the price is very good as well. I have a Nexus 7 but I want something larger for video and web browsing. Enter the Nook for great resolution and nice form factor.

I can make do with the app store to tell the truth for now. If down the road I need more, I'll explore adb and n2A.

A question though is can you get refunded for an app in the nook store if you don't like it? If so, what is the time period and how do you do it?