Bibliophile
Schwa
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD & Nook HD+ Questions & Answers Thread - Unofficial Official Thread

ewilson1114 wrote:

Found this link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/halo-brian-reed/1100689968?ean=9780785171614&itm=1&usri=halo%3a+the+... but it doesn't say anything about HD+ support :-\ 

There's a question mark icon next to the text "Available on Nook devices and apps"  clicking this shows all compatable devices, including HD/HD+

Inspired Correspondent
lopaka47
0 Kudos

I think that's what happened too. When I turned on the other readers (for other reasons) the 'Halo' book did get deleted. The book also disappeared from my iPad app, along with access to my Nook library in general. I think Apple has barred the Nook app from working on their tablets now, because as recently as last Sunday it was still working fine,
Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

I just set up the nook app on a family member's iPad last night and it works fine.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

lopaka,on a device that can see the book, would you have to buy it a second time to get it into your library now?

if so, if you PM Alex, our mod, and explain the confusion, I bet he can get the book put back into your account. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
New User
villager22
0 Kudos

Do a long hold on the photo thumbnail and when you release it, it will ask Save or View. Click Save and it will appear in your gallery.
Contributor
raeni20
0 Kudos

Got my HD today, whoohoo! Just registered and am finding my way around.

This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to add multiple e-mail addresses to the device? I added my main e-mail account, but I'm not seeing an option to add more.

Any help is appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
raeni20
0 Kudos

Nevermind, I found the settings bar at the top that lets you add it.

Reader 4
hsmythe
0 Kudos

This B&N SW update that is offered soon after HD+ powerup for the first time -- roughly how long does the download/install take for this ?

Thanks.  (I'm expecting my HD+ to be delivered today).

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Updated software download only took a few minutes, I was downloading updates on my laptop at the same time and it still didn't take long.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is there a way to have the time show while reading a book on the HD +?

My tablet shows the time in the lower corner while reading.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Doreen,
If you tap on the bottom of the page in the middle where you bring up the table of contents and font size, you will see the clock on top until you go to another page.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Correspondent
lopaka47
0 Kudos

roustabout wrote:

lopaka,on a device that can see the book, would you have to buy it a second time to get it into your library now?

if so, if you PM Alex, our mod, and explain the confusion, I bet he can get the book put back into your account. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I called B&N Customer Service first thing this morning, and they verified that 'Halo: The Fall of Reach' has indeed been removed from the Nook Store and is no longer offered for sale. The agent took my name, and said I would be receiving a refund credit via email in a couple of days. She said the book may be offered again in Nook form later on but couldn't give me a timeframe. In the meantime thanks again, I do appreciate your help! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
lopaka47
0 Kudos

ewilson1114 wrote:

I just set up the nook app on a family member's iPad last night and it works fine.

Thanks for the info. My iPad is a 1st-gen 32gb Tablet, and the Nook app has been running perfectly on my 'Pad for well over a year now. I don't know why it's suddenly decided to balk, so I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the Nook app later this evening and see what difference (if any) that makes. Wish me luck! :smileyfrustrated:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Yes Laurie that is what I have been doing. I meant how do you get the time to stay visible without having to tap the task bar.

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

The ipad I installed it on was also a 1st gen 32 gb so hopefully uninstalling and reinstalling will work for you!
Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

@laurieb52

You mentioned that to have a clock showing while you are reading, you go to where the font, table of contents is by tapping on the bottom of the screen.  I get the font and table of contents just fine but there is no clock on screen until next page anywhere.  

I also have no widgets like the manual mentions.  It makes me wonder what I would have had before the update was put on it right out of the box...

I have seen others mention having different features on the HD+ and I don't have them at all.  It's not like I don't enjoy the device, don't get me wrong.  It would just be neat to have what the owners manual mentions I should have.  I had the accu weather under Nook Today for the first day until I changed the location and then it disappeared and hasn't been there in 3 days.  It would be neat to have the analog clock on my home screen but that is amongst the widgets that I don't have...  :smileysad:

Oh well, It's still a neat tablet.

campyrs

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Campyrs, when you tap on the screen, you should see:

At top of screen:

A Black Bar that has:

Left Side: Your Nook Name.

Middle: Just icons and notifications

Right Side: Clock, Wireless Signal, Settings Icon, Battery Life Indicator.

That black bar will stay till you press Next.

The time will just be something like:

9:50.

It won't have am or pm or stand out in any way. It'll be at the top right.

Inspired Correspondent
lopaka47
0 Kudos

ewilson1114 wrote:
The ipad I installed it on was also a 1st gen 32 gb so hopefully uninstalling and reinstalling will work for you!

All of my Nook Books are back on my iPad now, except for 'Halo: The Fall of Reach.' Decided to check my Nook app one last time before doing a reinstall, and everything was ok this time around. There was apparently a temporary "glitch" in the system, but it ironed itself out without any help from me. :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
raeni20
0 Kudos

I have a question...

I downloaded a couple books yesterday and I noticed that all of them seem to have non-existent paragraph indents so that the entire page looks like one big block of text. I tried about 10 different samples, and 7 out of 10 had the same problem. Is this the norm with nook books? Something you get used to? I'm coming from Kindle and never had the issue before.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

No, it' not the norm. I have over 700 B&N books in my library, and none are as you have described. Occasionally, a some of the free books that were scanned may have formatting issues, and downloaded pdf from another site will have formatting issues.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!