Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD & Nook HD+ Questions & Answers Thread - Unofficial Official Thread

Robert, there aren't refunds as far as I know.

Some apps have trial versions you can try.

If you (or any users) are unhappy with any of our apps you buy you can just email the support email and we'll refund you.

Additionally, most apps have lots of reviews and they can give you a good idea of things.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I believe downloaded books and apps are considered non refundable. I did get a refund once on an app that did not run properly. The do have free trial versions of some apps. Customer service for apps comes from a separate digital services area. I do not reccomend using the online chat function. 

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,868

There isn't an automated system like there is for Google Play, but if you give a call to the BN customer support line within a reasonable timeframe (a couple days) they will usually be able to delete the content and issue a refund.

Frequent Contributor
RobertCNJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ok, thanks for the replies. Next questions. :smileyhappy: What is the latest software version on the nook hd +? If that one is not on a device and you checked for updates and found none, how do you get it? Is logging into ultraviolet on the device available at this time? I have redeemed movies via uv code that came with the bluray combo pack. Each were hdx resolution. Where does one go to download or play back if this feature is available and will it be hd quality automatically then? And netflix I have chosen hd movies for my streaming queue. My library has good wifi so will I see those in hd? Thanks for your help!
Frequent Contributor
RobertCNJ
0 Kudos

More info. It is on 2.0.2 version. I can load zip file for 0.5 unto my pc and get it to nook BUT what about 0.3 and .04? Do not to skip those.
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Improvements from previous versions are included, you only have to download the most recent version.

Frequent Contributor
RobertCNJ
0 Kudos

Ok, I was able to download and install the update so I am good to go for now on 2.0.5. I will have to see how far I can go with video. I linked my uv account but only 2 out 10 I have are showing up. If a go to the flixster app I installed, they are all there so not sure what is going on.
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Right now there are some issues with UV movies. You'll have to play the ones that don't show up in Nook HD+ via Flixster App.

For HD quality - yes, UV movies should play in HD quality. The ones that show up as available on your Nook.

For Netflix, go to Netflix website. On top click on 'Account'. There is a setting there to change bandwidth.

You have to change it to use highest quality bandwidth possible. Then it'll stream to you in HD for HD movies.

Contributor
Reg1987
0 Kudos

With aol, the contacts do NOT sync to the email.  When you compose a new email, there is no way to select a contact from the contact list.

Inspired Correspondent
Pie-Is-Tasty
0 Kudos

It WAS laggy, but after about six software updates it is no longer laggy and is fast like _____(insert name of an extremely fast thing here)____.

"Life is sweet. I like candy." - Confucious :smileyhappy:
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Reader
emeraldfire
0 Kudos

Hi there everyone! I just heard through the boards tonight that Calibre is not going to develop for the Nook platform anymore. Is this true? In the case that it might be - what other ebook library software (preferably free) could I use with my NOOK HD? Thanks so much for any help.