Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook HD+ and Overdrive App

[ Edited ]

Hi there.  Has anyone used the Overdrive app on the HD+ successfully?  I can activate with my adobe digital editions ID, log into my library, and download the book onto the bookshelf perfectly fine.  The problem arises when opening the book.  It just sits there at "Loading..." indefinitely.

I also noticed where you can add an Adobe ID in the settings.  What exactly is that for?  Perhaps there the Overdrive app issues I've had are related in some way. 

I also observed that the Nook HD+ is not recognized in the Adobe Digital Editions software on my computer.

I assume all of these things will work out over time but I'm mostly curious if there are others who have noticed the same things so I can take comfort knowing I'm not the only one. :smileyhappy:

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ and Overdrive App

Are you trying to open the book from your bookshelf or from withing the Overdrive app?  You have to open them from the app.

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Same here. I have the Overdrive app on my rooted Nook Tablet and it works great. I was so happy to see the app on the B&N store so I downloaded it to my new NT HD+. I have activated my Adobe Reader Digital Editions access, opened the app, and added my library. Of course, I couldn't find any available titles I actually wanted to read so I downloaded one of the more interesting Always Free epubs. When I went to open it, it just sat there, "Loading" for so long I gave up. You are not alone. I'm sure they'll sort it out. Hopefully soon.

Reader 2
ROZI_POZI
0 Kudos

Oh thank goodness I'm not alone, or have gone crazy....same issue here.  I'll just keep reading my books on my NST for now. 

New User
ltngrl
0 Kudos

Purchased my HD+ yesterday, was playing with the issue all night. Finally called customer service today, and the rep told me that it was a known issue and the software designers were working to fix it. She said it was due to it being a new device and the software and nook having trouble communicating. Also, that they had gotten a lot of calls about this issue and to try it again in a few days. Hopefully it will be resolved by then. You would think they'd test this stuff out before releasing the product!
Reader 2
JP-WASHINGTON
0 Kudos

I have had my Nook HD+ since last Friday and have yet to get the OverDrive app to work. Unfortunately, I can't even sideload the old way using Adobe Digital Editions. This post was in teh New Solutions Thread, but I don't think it has been solved yet.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Reader 4
Wing47
0 Kudos

I have had no luck with it. And as you mentioned, Adobe Digital sideload isn't a workaround. It doesn't recognize the Nook HD.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Still no luck here either.  No updates have been released yet for the Overdrive app either.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Same problem here...
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

Same problem here.  Disappointing :smileyfrustrated:

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele
0 Kudos

Everyone just needs to just either contact overdrive to find out what is taking so long for the next app update or wait it out to see if BN does another update themselves to get it working. Usually if it does not work its the developer that needs to fix something in the app.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Reader 4
rozeitler
0 Kudos

I am having same problem. I can no longer get a library book.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

I've gotten two seemingly opposing replies from the makers of Overdrive.  Here they are in the order that I recieved them:

Reply 1: An app update, OMC v2.6.2, will fix this problem and was submitted to B&N. It passed testing but I do not know exactly when it will be published on the Nook App Store. It might not show up until 11/16.

Reply 2:

We're sorry for any trouble you're having. We are aware of the issue you mentioned and are working to correct it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an estimated time of completion. We appreciate your patience.

The red emphasis is in the original and has not been added by me.  So, I'm unsure which to believe.  I'm going to go with reply 2 since it's the most recent once.

Contributor
lfeuln
0 Kudos

I saw an Overdrive update today on my Nook Tablet. Can someone confirm if it fixes the issues on the HD?

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Just updated Overdrive on my Nook HD+ and was able to read a downloaded epub from my library finally. Works great!
Reader 4
Wing47
0 Kudos

Yup, same here for my Nook HD. Now working fine. Thanks for the heads up.

Reader 2
JP-WASHINGTON
0 Kudos

My Nook HD+ isn't telling me there is an update for OMC. I am still on Version 2.6.1. I tried uninstalling and searching the app store, but the only version out there is 2.6.1. How did you find the new update?

Reader 2
JP-WASHINGTON
0 Kudos

Never mind everyone--I figured out how to get the update. So happy I can check out library books now! :catvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

How did you find/get the update?  My HD+ hasn't "announced" it.  I'm unfamiliar with Android, and I had minimal apps on my NC.  Is there something in particular I should do?  Thanks in advance!

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Go to the "Apps" section of the device and click on the button in the bottom left corner that looks like a bunch of lines. Then click "Check for Updates".