Contributor
blackstrat
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ and Overdrive App

I've been pulling my hair over this since I got it... Everytime I think it's working, it doesn't.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Thank you!  I did that--update done. 

Reader 2
JP-WASHINGTON
0 Kudos

I uninstalled the Overdrive app then reinstalled it. It was still the same version that didn't work. Then I figured out how to find the updates. I downloaded the update for Overdrive and now it works fine. Are you still having trouble even after downloading the update?

Frequent Contributor
jfender

Excellent work B&N and Overdrive!
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I went to the ADE website and the new HD devices are not listed as compatible devices yet. I'm sure they will get to that soon,

I was able to get OD working fine, went to kobo on the website through the browser, downloaded my drm'd ebooks from my online KOBO library and OD downloaded for me. Unfortunately, the books are in OD and my HD+ library doesn't see them so there's no cover or details available and I can't shelve them.Then I tried just transferring them from the ADE library folder on my PC to the HD by copy and paste into the myfiles/books folder and then the HD library saw them, I have access to covers and can shelve them. They opened fine so I can read them.

Contributor
KittyTea
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

With Nook HD, you no longer need to go through Adobe Digital Editions. Download the Overdrive App from BN, then you can access your library in your browser and download any books directly to your Nook HD, but you have to open the Overdrive app to access them.You can download to all of the Nook HD's you have in your account--at the same time!

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

You can also download the Aldiko app from the Google Play store.  It will allow you to connect directly to your library.