New User
Celastrina
0 Kudos

Nook Simple Touch Not Working

I got my Nook Christmas of 2011 and it's worked perfectly this whole time. Today though, I went to turn it on to use it and the screen went mad. It split itself into three sections. One section displayed my screen saver, one displayed the logo, and the other displayed blank white. It was completely frozen on this and would do nothing. I plugged it in to see if it would do anything and it caused my screen to split into FOUR sections and all of them are varying amount of black and white. My Nook was at an 70% charge before this, and I can't fix it no matter what I do. Is there any way to totally reset it?

Distinguished Correspondent
RJR443
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Simple Touch Not Working

[ Edited ]

If you haven't already done it, try the ERP (Emergency Repair Protocol) first:  Turn it completely off and restart it.

Good luck

New User
Celastrina
0 Kudos

I do not have my manual at this moment and I don't know how to do that. Is there somewhere you could direct me to on how to accomplish that?

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Press and hold the power button (the one on the back) until it powers off. Then press and hold again to turn it back on. It's equivalent to rebooting a PC.