New User
abonec

Nook Simple Touch in blacklist

Hello.

I just receive my nook but I can't register it. It show me error:

Sorry we're having trouble setting up your nook. Please shutdown the device and try again

If the problem persists, contact Customer Support at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665)

I ask in live chat and after hour it say that my S/N in blacklist. It says call to Sales Audit Department  but in Sales Audit Department it require order number and redirect me to regular service.

In this support they for hours and hours force me to  follow silly pattern  - reset/factory reset my nook.

How to remove my nook devide from blacklist?

Distinguished Correspondent
msmoonlite
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Simple Touch in blacklist

I would say either provide the order number or take it back to the store where you purchased it.

New User
abonec
0 Kudos

i bought it from ebay from other county. Are there any other way to fix it?

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright

abonec wrote:

Is it too cold to say that the "fix" is, in the future, don't buy stolen merchandise off eBay?

Honestly, I don't know if there is a fix to your issue. I'd pursue the eBay seller and, if needed, customer service at eBay.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

abonec wrote:

I'd contact ebay.  Also, depending on which foreign country you are in, you may not be able to register ANY Nook.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Wordsmith
ProfReader

Why would anyone buy a phone or electronic device that needs to be registered from ebay. The only way that makes sense is if it is from a trusted seller or for parts. 

New User
abonec
0 Kudos

In my country I haven't official reseller and I need to buy from ebay.
Strange thing is that I can use nook by skipping registration to read other books but can't use BN store to buy books from. In other words BN reject my money =/

Bibliophile
bklvr896

abonec wrote:

In my country I haven't official reseller and I need to buy from ebay.
Strange thing is that I can use nook by skipping registration to read other books but can't use BN store to buy books from. In other words BN reject my money =/

BN won't let you register it and therefore won't let you buy books because you, unfortunately bought a.Stolen Nook.  Don't get mad at BN for not letting you register something that was reported stolen.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259

bklvr896 asserted:

you, unfortunately bought a.Stolen Nook.  Don't get mad at BN for not letting you register something that was reported stolen. <

I always think it's unfortunate when folks jump to conclusions, and claim w/o evidence that someone has bought a stolen product.  You've been around long enough bklr that you should know better.

This isn't the first time that something like this has come up, since I've observed it with a NC about a year ago, from someone in the Netherlands.  It took some effort, but he was able to rectify his problems.  The discussion was here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Ask-Your-Community-Manager/contact-Sales-Audit-department-fro...

However, even once you resolve that issue, you still may not be able to buy books.

Strange thing is that I can use nook by skipping registration to read other books but can't use BN store to buy books from. <

That's because B&N is not set up as an International seller for that content.  They're (slowly) trying to expand those options, but they may not have reached you yet.  It's not that they don't want your money... it's that they are not authorized to sell books in every country on the planet.  Each market is negotiated separately, which is certainly inconvenient for buyers in countries not yet authorized for book sales.

- Mark

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259

RHWright commented:

> Is it too cold to say that the "fix" is, in the future, don't buy stolen merchandise off eBay? <

No, not cold.  Just ignorant.  :smileysad:

- Mark

New User
kbooth1973
0 Kudos

Just bought a nook simple touch here in the uk and getting exactly the same message. Took it back to the store and bought a couple others and still getting the same message. Cannot get past the registration phase to se what they are even like! And no, not stolen. brand new, boxed and from the largest store chain in the UK (Tesco). ideas anyone? not looking to ring around loads of departments in another continent to get something brand new and boxed to switch on. Very Very crap,

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

kbooth1973 wrote:

Just bought a nook simple touch here in the uk and getting exactly the same message. Took it back to the store and bought a couple others and still getting the same message.

When you took it back, did you explain the situation?  I'd take it back again, and if they have WiFi in the store, try it right there.  Sounds like someone reported a batch missing and your store got the batch.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

kamas716 wrote:

kbooth1973 wrote:

Just bought a nook simple touch here in the uk and getting exactly the same message. Took it back to the store and bought a couple others and still getting the same message.

When you took it back, did you explain the situation?  I'd take it back again, and if they have WiFi in the store, try it right there.  Sounds like someone reported a batch missing and your store got the batch.

I once worked as a product line manager for our company's Consumer Electronics Division.  We developed a new product in Asia, and before the first container-load arrived in Long Beach Harbor, our technical support people were receiving calls from people who had purchased the devices in the Southeastern US.  We believe that they were stolen from the docks in Asia, then shipped by air to the US. 

Thieves have become so sophisticated that stolen merchandise could show up virtually anywhere.  I'm not saying it happened here, but it could.  I bought a Sky Caddie on e-Bay.  It didn't work right out of the "sealed" box.  I had to send it back to the manufacturer for exchange.  If you don't buy from a store, you limit your options.  Even if you do, you could still receive stolen or counterfeit merchandise.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

This isn't a blacklist issue.

See this thread:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-E-Ink-Support/Error-Sorry-we-re-having-trouble-setting-u...

It seems B&N knows about the issue and is working on it, should be resolved by Tuesday night.