New User
Machojuan
0 Kudos

Nook Study- Cannot Redeem Access Code

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon,

I just rented an eTextbook through my college bookstore website and received the download email with the access code. However, when I follow the link (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookstudy/redeem/), download and install Nook Study for Windows and run the app, there is no "Add Item" or "Redeem" button in the left panel. In fact, there is no left panel at all!

All I see is a navbar across the top, the user guide and "My Archive" folder in the bottom left.

I have thrice uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I can't redeem the access code- so $96 wasted at this point.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Study- Cannot Redeem Access Code

What operating system are you running?

New User
Machojuan
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. 

I am running Windows 7 (32 bit) .

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

I'm running Win7 and have NookStudy (version 2.1.2.28770) on my laptop. 

When I open it up I have the navbar across the top, and on the left side, right under where it says "nookstudy" it shows "My Library", and directly under that is a line that says "All Items" and under that it has boxes for 'Add Course" and "Add Item".  At the bottom of that panel is "My Archive".

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
Machojuan
0 Kudos

Thank you for the added info. From the screen shots I have been able to find, there is no My Library any where to be found. Instead- where the left panel should be- is the user guide icon direct above my archive.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Machojuan wrote:
Thank you for the added info. From the screen shots I have been able to find, there is no My Library any where to be found. Instead- where the left panel should be- is the user guide icon direct above my archive.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling NookStudy?

New User
CobaltCricket
0 Kudos

NookStudy is kinda buggy, doing a clean reinstall of the app should do the trick. Also noted, which isn't written anywhere, you have to have an Adobe account to read most eTexts. While NookStudy is somewhat capable of creating an account for you, its best if you just head there now, register, and sync the account with the NookStudy app. This may be where most of you are getting error messages? Adobe Digital is one of the major malfunctions which is holding-up the progress of NookStudy being accessible through PDAs, Tablets, and Smartphones.