New User
Thorby
0 Kudos

Nook Tablet Return Policy?

I've seen it mentioned here that the nook tablet can be returned for refund up until January 31.  I thought the timeframe was two weeks.   I was planning on doing so on Dec 27, but would rather let the post-Christmas crazyness subside.  Can anyone confirm or post a link to the offical BN return policy for the Nook Tablet?

Thanks

T

Distinguished Correspondent
Souzou
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Tablet Return Policy?

Barnes and Noble honors returns and exchanges through January 31 if the item was purchased in November or later (I'm not sure when in November the "holiday return policy" takes effect.)

A refund requires the original receipt and if it was purchased with a credit card, that card will need to be present.  Gift receipts will only allow for exchanges or store credit.  If the device is open, it is usuallly up to a manager's discretion whether they will issue a refund/exchange.

This is just a summary I've heard from wandering my local Barnes and Nobles.  I don't believe in returning electronics so I can't speak from experience.

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos

I was waiting for someone else to help you that could direct you to the link that states the return policy.. Someone set a link to it, in some other thread a while back..

Anyway, if you bought your Nook from a B&N store then if you bought it someday in Nov. (don't know the cutoff of that) through Dec.. You have until Jan 31st to return it..

If you bought it from some other store, then it is there return policy.. I overheard a Best Buy that was 14 days, I didn't hear them say anything about a gift policy.

New User
kallyq

Kind of a bummer that I bought mine at Best Buy because I would like to return it now because of the update. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure Best Buy has an extended return policy for the holidays, too. 

Yep.  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/null/pcmcat257800050001.c?id=pcmcat257800050001

Theirs is through Jan 24. 

Here's the link to the BN policy

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/help_cds2.asp?PID=37128

Any NOOK purchased from November 14 to December 31, opened or unopened, will be honored for exchange or refund through January 31, 2012.

For NOOK refunds, either call 1-800-THE-BOOK (843-2665) for a return authorization, or return it to a Barnes & Noble store.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit

Nov 14 thur Dec 31 is when the item had to be purchased .. You have until Jan 31 to return for full refund or exchange as long as you have the original  receipt and card purchased off of . I recieved this information straight from the manger at my Barnes and Noble who read it to me off their own policy sent to them from corporate .

They had this same policy last year with the NC .

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Gottaluvit wrote:

Nov 14 thur Dec 31 is when the item had to be purchased .. You have until Jan 31 to return for full refund or exchange as long as you have the original  receipt and card purchased off of . I recieved this information straight from the manger at my Barnes and Noble who read it to me off their own policy sent to them from corporate .

They had this same policy last year with the NC .

Still the same for the NC then? How about Cover & Screen Protectors purchased with? Sorry thought after post to just give them a call and see for our store also. Which always helpful.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

My understanding is anything purchased from the store with exception of ebooks and gift cards .

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Well was just curious as don't intend to return mine as still quite happy with mine. Even with it's warts and all.  But is good to know that B&N isn't being an absolute scrouge during the season.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
nmhall
0 Kudos

Anyone know if it's possible to exchange something that was unopened and received as a gift? I got a color but would like to have a tablet. Because it was a gift I don't have the receipt and it was purchased in another state, so best case scenario I'd need to mail it back to them so they can return to the store? Looks like I might be keeping it if that's the case... :smileysad:

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

nmhall wrote:

Anyone know if it's possible to exchange something that was unopened and received as a gift? I got a color but would like to have a tablet. Because it was a gift I don't have the receipt and it was purchased in another state, so best case scenario I'd need to mail it back to them so they can return to the store? Looks like I might be keeping it if that's the case... :smileysad:

Take it into a store. We can look up the sale via the serial number as long as it was purchased directly from BN.

If you want to exchange it for a Tablet you shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Reader 2
aramis1250
0 Kudos

nmhall wrote:

Don't. The NC is a better device now, especially since you can do all the video and streaming stuff PLUS the sideloading. The NT is a waste of money.

New User
tcbusa

thanks for the link above to the policy. i took it with me just in case since had a feeling i might run into an issue since it took nearly a half hour just to make the original purchase at the store because nobody seemed to even know how to ring up a sale using the member discount. i made it a point to call ahead during the day to the manager and asked her specifically if i could return it for a refund to my credit card. she was cool about it and said no problem just said to get in there before the 31st.

i couldn't get to the store till nightime, and sure enough the confusion started as soon as the casier tried to scan the box and it wouldn't scan for some reason. long story short a supervisor eventually made it happen, and i was very satisfied until she decided she just couldn't let me leave without telling me how lucky i was they took it back since it was "waay" past the return period. i realize she probably honestly didn't know what the actual policy was, and it seemed kind of a petty remark the way she said it, even if she really felt she was doing me a favor, so i kept my mouth shut about it, thanked the cashier, and headed over to Best Buy to purchase a Samsung tablet. a fully functioning tablet.

The NT is a decent little piece of equipment for what it is, and i'm sure it's great for people that just want to mainly consume B&N goods, but given the restrictions they've put on it and the great selection of actual tablets out there that can do everything it does plus so much more, i honestly don't think it deserves to be called a tablet at all. it's a B&N reader with some extra capabilities, and that is fine if that's all someone wants.