Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook Video now supposedly available to download and stream via browser

I received an email today from B&N with the following message:

"Now you can rent and buy movies & TV shows directly on BN.com! Download them instantly to your NOOK Library, or stream and watch in your web browser."

I checked online, and you can definitely buy or rent directly online, but I can't find anyway to access your already purchased videos online, or to stream them via PC.  Anyone else locate the access point? 

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980

Re: Nook Video now supposedly available to download and stream via browser

If you navigate to the "Movies & TV" section of the NOOK shop on the website (mouse over "NOOK" at the top and select "Movies & TV Shows"), the top option in the navigation pane to the left side of screen is "My NOOK Library". Click it and log in to see the movies on your account and stream them.

The streaming player runs on Silverlight, so Windows and MacOS only, unfortunately.

Distinguished Correspondent
junonia-shell

If you sign in and go to my account and scroll to the very bottom of the page, you'll see all your digital content. The last one should say my digital library. Click on that and it should tke you to your video library.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well, I found the links, but no videos show up through my digital library. When I access my video library through "Nook/Movies and TV/Video Library" the first 3 pages out of my 23 pages of videos can be accessed, but when I click to turn to page 3, all video images disappear.

If I click on "watch video" on any of the movies on the first 3 pages", the browser freezes up when the "Pop-up notification" asking to allow Microsoft Pen and Touch Input" to run appears.

Looks like there are still some glitches.

Distinguished Correspondent
junonia-shell
0 Kudos

Mine isn't working quite right either. It's not showing all my movies and some of them are duplicates.:smileysurprised:

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Some of my movies are showing 5 times, and many others are in duplicate. Most of the movies I bought in December are duplicates, the the 5 timers are ones I tried to buy, but received the message the transaction couln't be completed. I kept trying several times until the purchase went through.

Fortunately, you generally only get charged once, as the pending charges for the duplicate tries usually gets removed. I have been charged twice for a couple of movies, though.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

If the folks having issues could provide some further information maybe we can pin down a cause.

Mac or Windows?

What version of the OS?  (OS 10.? for mac, and Windows ? for well... really)

What browser are you using?  Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari?

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Windows 7; Explorer...