Frequent Contributor
Les1017
0 Kudos

Nook app on my android phone

So, I finally got with the 21st century and have a new smartphone!  I wanted to download the nook app to it (I have had my nookcolor for year now!), but I have a question first.  If I download the app on my android phone will my nook library be on my phone using all of my memory?  I am not tech savvy at all, so please use English!  LOL

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Nook app on my android phone

You'll probably be fine, but without knowing what phone you are using and whether you have an SD card in it, hard to be 100%.

The average book is probably a 3 megabyte file.  So if you'd be able to hold 300 or so books per gig of free space on your phone.  Assuming you have a new-ish OS on the phone that uses onboard storage pretty intelligently.

also, you don't have to download your whole library.  I have an android device with a library of books available to it, but only  a few actually downloaded to it, and it works out well.   

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Frequent Contributor
Les1017
0 Kudos

I have a new 4G Samsung Stratosphere.  How do I make sure my entire library doesn't get downloaded?  Thanks!

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Looks like that phone comes with a 4g card stock, and the card can be expanded up to 32G.  

I'm not easily finding how much onboard memory you have.

Basically, install the Nook app, and then only download the titles you want to read.  Once you're done with one, press and hold the title and then choose 'archive' in the popup menu that'll come up.  

If all is working as it should, you'll only download what you like, and you will be able to get stuff back off your phone as well.

I find that on the full-on Nook Color, the archive feature for magazines doesn't work well, often leaving a magazine behind on the device, orphaned.  I've never had a problem with it for books, though, and the Android app is a different set of code.  

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

As a point of reference, my Nook for Android app has 90 books in it which take up about 250mb.  Magazines, however, are much larger. My 22 mags take up about 700mb.  Your Stratosphere has 4gb Rom built-in.

When I installed the app, every book showed up with its cover, but they all had a Download label on them, so I just touched the ones I wanted to download.

Frequent Contributor
Les1017
0 Kudos

Thank you roustabout and petesnook!  I will download my nook app today on my phone!